OK, My Final Decision

Tree Eyes

What next? you upgrade if you wish would seem a good idea. remember it does have a weak gearbox but its only an M100 spring so you can upgrade if you want. Although i myself will leave it as a backup and most likely get an ICS m16A3

yes every gun can get new internals i meant exterior - but never mind what's the M16A3 like? is it good? looks nice from what i've seen.

true, my only external option "officially" was a red-dot. If i want i can "taqtical tape" a torch to the handgrip(while looks worryingly natural).

ICS M16A3 im reading up on, my other option is perhaps some kind of L85 seeing as the FAMAS being close to it was why i bought it

true, my only external option "officially" was a red-dot. If i want i can "taqtical tape" a torch to the handgrip(while looks worryingly natural).

ICS M16A3 im reading up on, my other option is perhaps some kind of L85 seeing as the FAMAS being close to it was why i bought it

I didn't mean to come across as offensive in case you took it that way, that was merely a term that I came up with to discribe what seem to be immediate replies with little, if any, alternatives. I don't believe this to be perfectly (if at all) accurate but it almost seems that people are seizing the chance to defend a gun that often receives mixed oppinions. Insecurity?

In regards to your 'armalite clone' comment I AM offended  :P. The only armalite that I own is an sr16 which incidently had a rof higher than my friend's famas, and yes they were both stock! But my joy was shredded when after about a years service the gears were too, and it wasn't even in my hands!!!  :angry2:

My primary and favoured weapon now is an upgraded aug civ, so I am outraged to be called an armalite clone!  <_< I like to be different in my gun choices (as opposed to 'difficult' as RobbyC calls me)

Don't worry mate, I didn't take fanboy comment to heart, I know a joke when I see one :D .

The higher rof might have been why the SR16 died, the famas I doubt will ever die. The motor will probably go before the 'box.

The Aug is a good choice, and the only alternative to my Famas that I would consider. However, I can never take them seriously after the guards userd them in Red Dwarf VIII, all I see is Rimmer being frogmarched in his skiddies with the guards pointing their Augs at him.

Though the trigger on the AUG is a work of art. If they did a skeleton stock version (surely not all of that stock is full of gearbox) they that would be extremely cool, and I might have to look into getting one.

That said, the AUG looked superb in Shiri, right at the end. Maybe it's just because a woman was holding it, or whether it was because she was using the scope at point blank range, but the AUG looked good then.

Pah! Red Dwarf is no reason to go off the almighty Bolt of the Gods that is the aug!

Yes, at first I was skeptical of the aug's trigger. The integrated fire selector seemed a bad idea with posibilities of feeding problems and blank-firing yet I was surprised. There is no problem at all with mine and it has been running on an 8.4v battery while supporting a 1j spring (this is soon to be rectified anyway, I am interested to see the results).

Though the trigger on the AUG is a work of art.  If they did a skeleton stock version (surely not all of that stock is full of gearbox) they that would be extremely cool, and I might have to look into getting one. 

That said, the AUG looked superb in Shiri, right at the end.  Maybe it's just because a woman was holding it, or whether it was because she was using the scope at point blank range, but the AUG looked good then.

Mostly the woman.

or you could just whack an RIS rail on the handguard somehow and put a nice launcher on there. Or get a big silencer. Hell, you could put rails all over a FAMAS if you were really determined :D

Archived