Guarder Vest lacks Belt slings :(

Purity

Oh I see...well thanks for your replies!

But if I wanted to wear a lets say...buttpack with it, a belt would come in useful, eh? Maybe Ill have to store things in those big pouches one normally carries at the waist level, what should I do then? Any ideas how to attach pockets there?

That looks like the mod II body armor.

I have one and wear it regularly to skirms. It uses molle pouches.

I like it, but it's a bit warm in the summer.

I have a variety of mag pouches and a camelback water bladder rigged up to mine.

If you peel out the fake foam armor plates, it's a little cooler (temp wise) and roomier.

Hmm...the reason I was actually asking is this vest here:

37CL36CT_1.jpg

Which is neat but looks crappy in OD....so I thought there would maybe be something in between...Im new to this whole modular gear thingy, so...

Looks crappy in OD? I thought the one above was in Tan...

I have a replica of the above in OD and it is both versatile (MOLLE) and comfortable to wear, not to mention that it can go with belt systems as well.

I would highly recommend it, especially as it is from BHI and they seem to have a very good reputation with quality.

I have seen the vest and it is very sturdy and does not restrict breathing like the MOD II which I found restricts my movement +breathing.

CHeers.

Boris

Can I just say something here?:

Please, if you're not sure about an item of gear, it benefits no-one to make guesses, or post information that is spurious and unhelpful to the original question.

Somebody said above that the vest was not load-bearing; then why is it covered in webbing for pouches?

The idea is that the vest above kills 2 birds with one stone. You don't "wear an assault vest over it", as that would defeat the point of buying a modular vest in the first place. If you buy that vest, you'll need to buy compatible pouches for it, which is what makes the cost of the vest up. Then you'll end up looking something like this:

BlackH189.jpg

@cruxed well surely the one in the picture is Tan, but in the OD version it doesnt look as good as the Guarder Mod II. Thats what I wanted to say.

Thanks for your replies, I think I will go with the BHI one then...

I also use the Guarder MOD 2 armor with an assortment of pouches (more to come). I also use a pistolbelt with it, alhough I'm trying to find new harness for it as I can't comfortably wear the normal LC-2 -harness underneath the armor, at least during wintertime.

The only problem I have with the vest is that the headway is a bit too limited adjustment-wise than what I'd like it to be, but I'm a big guy. So if you have a really big head or a thick neck, you might not be able to easily put the vest on! :) (easily = only opening one of the sides)

I'll have to try removing the soft-inserts and see what kind of an effect it has.

-ovv

Archived