G3/SG1 Disassembly Guide

dismemberd

To get the the gearbox?

Undo the two screws attaching the stock to the receiver, pull off stock and unclip the battery connector.

Then unscrew the screw forward of the trigger. Side lower receiver out. At this point the HopUp unit becomes accessable, just pull it out.

Unscrew the two screws on the bottom of the pistol grip. Unclip the two wires connecting to the motor and then pull it out. Then look in the pistol grip and take out the screw in there. Slide the pistol grip off and mind the wires dont get caught on the way out.

Next unscrew the small screw on the other side selector switch(the side you dont move with your thumb). Take the disc out and pull the selector lever off.

The gear box will then come out.

This is all from memory, but i think that's about it. Let me know if you have any problems ;)

As far as my memory can ascertain, that's correct. It's a nice, simple take down in my opinion... only a few things to do, and the most fiddly bit is that irritating teeny little screw on the fire selector.

WHY the TM MP5's couldn't have that sort of takedown I will never know...

Archived