Camo applications

Thomme

In a forest.

Seriously though, most camos are usually best in their home country, but there can be alot said for having a pattern that everyone isn't looking for in the bushes. Not sure about the US, but most people at my site wear DPM, I imagine because it does okay, and is quite cheap.

US woodland is a little darker than DPM, but doesn't make much difference unless its the middle of summer, green leaves and bright sunshine.

For UK, what would be best for urban then, or a compromise between the two?? I was going to go for an OD tac vest so I could use it for both, as apposed to a woodland one, or black, which everyone says stands out too much. Would a set of navy overalls be better for urban??

TBH most of the places I seen ppl play, it looks as if desert would suit better due to light concrete areas rather than brickwork etc.

Ta

Nad

Alpenflage - snowy terrain ;) (in all seriousness though, fall leaves)

Flecktarn - very, very effective in basically any wooded terrain

woodland - does OK in wooded terrain and that's about it

never seen DPM being used in a skirmish before, so I won't comment on it

As for urban, they make special urban camo BDUs and are usually greyish white in color, but I personally just use my standard Flecktarn BDUs, it makes no sense to me to have a set of BDUs for an environment that I normally don't play in that often

In pretty much all urban environments, Camo is a non starter. You're so close to the enemy that it makes no difference.

Woodland, anything that has a decent breakup of greens and browns is good, so flectarn, DPM and US Camo's work equally well. Go with a look or loadout you like.

Archived