Slienced P38?

twiglet

Ok im hoping this is the right place for this, im really getting quite into this WW2 airsoft kick and i would like the idea of a silenced pistol to go with the general loadout.

The only real thing i could find was a welrod bolt action pistol which didnt look very possible so ive been looking around for other stuff, one thing i remembered was playing sniper elite which seemed fairly historically accurate and i remembered that there was a silenced p38 pistol in the game, now im not sure if this was something just made up for the game but it got me interested and i was wondering, did it exist in real life and how didfficult would an airsoft version be to make.

But there was also a 14mm rifled outer barrel attachment, like the one for M9, I saw it recently in a local airsoft shop.

The one on your photo looks sexy, though. Cate Archer had exactly same one in NOLF1.

To answer the original question a silenced P38 was never factory produced that I am aware of. Though they have been custom built over the years.

The design is so suitable for silencing as it has an exposed barrel that does not tilt upon firing. This means the weight of a can isn't gonna affect the action and it would be easy to thread and fit one to the barrel

You could even port the barrel and fit the can over these port to greatly enhance the performance of the can, like the Silenced Sterling.

Dirtyharry.44: if you ever want to let that go, PLEASE make sure you let me know. Thats a real nice job you did. I promise it will have a nice home.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. The only mod left to do to make it truely the UNCLE gun is bob the hammer :D Just never got around to it for some reason

Archived