High Speed Set Up

Apex

This is really asking about your opinions on the parts to be used in a high speed set up.

What am wanting is your recommendations based on your experience of the parts not just hearsay ie " my m8 said these are the best "

Now what i intend to build is a new V3 AK gearbox to replace my current mishmash.

So lets start from the top,

• Gear Box Shell, 6mm 7mm or 8mm ? recomendations

Gears, high speed or normal

Motors

Bushers

Piston

Piston Head

Spring Guide

Tappet Plate

Cylinder

Cylinder Head

Air Nozzle

They are the main parts that i can think of.

Am not looking to turn this into a buzz saw but i would like to raise the bar a little bit over what i normally have so any advice on the parts to use and why with an tips on pit falls to avoid would be most welcomed.

Drew

Prometheus ord. gears

Marui piston + vented marui piston head

Eg1000

12V battery (or 11.1V lipo)

KA sector gear clip

Guarder tappet plate

Steel pinion, eagle force, guarder, element.

Prometheus aero cylinder head

Bearing spring guide, i use g&g, but i think anything will do.

Prometheus or systema nozzle

I use 6mm bushings, but if you have the money i don't see any reason to not go for 8mm bearings instead. Make sure you shim the piston back, and cut down the 2nd tooth to make way for the first tooth of the sector gear.

Thats pretty much what i use, for a slightly above the limits spring. I think an m100 should keep you below 328fps, if not, take off a winding. It's important to upgrade the spring as well in a setup like that, otherwise the piston wont be able to come forward fast enough.

• Gear Box Shell, 6mm 7mm or 8mm ? recomendations

Gears, high speed or normal

Motors

Bushers

Piston

Piston Head

Spring Guide

Tappet Plate

Cylinder

Cylinder Head

Air Nozzle

1. doesnt matter too much, any reinforced will do

2.prometheus

3. systema turbo

4. prometheus

5. guarder, g&p, prometheus

6. if you get a promy piston, get a promy piston head, if you don't systema is great

7. Any metal one is good

8. Guarder, angel, element(you also might want a sector chip, depending on the quality of magazines you will be using)

9. doesnt really matter, guarder, systema etc

10. Guarder, systema

11. Systema, guarder.

You don't need a reinforced ver 3. box. A marui will be just fine. Ver 2. are the ones that crack.

If you're gonna go for 7 or 8mm bearings you can either drill the marui box up to 7 or 8mm. For which you will at least need a benchpress drill. Or you can buy the KA 7mm box which is supposed to be pretty decent.

Cheers Tommy, I saw this thread but I'm being really lazy at the moment... it's too hot for me to think.

Apex - Search my previous posts if you like, I've answered loads of high speed threads, should be able to find some useful info.

Good advice by the way Walle!

Ice

You don't need a reinforced ver 3. box. A marui will be just fine. Ver 2. are the ones that crack.

If you're gonna go for 7 or 8mm bearings you can either drill the marui box up to 7 or 8mm. For which you will at least need a benchpress drill. Or you can buy the KA 7mm box which is supposed to be pretty decent.

As far as I know, bearings aren't straight cylinders, they actually have a little lip round the edge (to keep them in the shell presumably). If you drilled the holes out to 7mm you'd probably have problems of one kind or another.

Unless its just a case of shimming differently for bushings of that kind.

If someone has actually tried that, knowing how it went would be interesting.

Archived