KSC Glock 18C problem...

L4Isoside

Hey all, yeah, i've searched with no luck...

I just spent about 5 hours installing a new hammer spring (its a Be-Max G18c 150% hammer spring) And had a few problems, but they got fixed...at least i think..

Then eventually i got it all together again, now it ONLY fires in full-auto, its very hard to rack, it only just manages to rack its self, sometimes it gets stuck and i have to do it manually, and on top of that i only get about 1 mags worth and all gas gets vented out. Also its hard to take the slide off...

I've lubed all of it, i did a detail strip and fully cleaned it the other day.

Upgrades so far: Hi-flow valve, short stroke recoil guide (going to get an enhanced spring with that another day) and a metal mag catch. (so far)

Please dont ask me to take it all apart again!! Just spent from 3:30 to now on it, but if i need to i will...

Also is part number #265 supposed to be able to move? As mine does't.

Any suggestions? thanks,

Chris

Pictures if needed aswell. A video of it shooting can also be done, but i wont be able to get sound. (unless i spend alot of time tranferring a video to dvd etc..)

Thanks again. :(

EDID: Now it isn't so hard to rack, and the slide comes off pretty easy now, but its still stuck on full-auto :( And all gas is gone in 1 mag's worth.. something must be stuck and making it hard for the gun to work... no idea though...

Okay, i took the trigger and hammer assembily out. I took out the spring and the (3?) other bits with it, the part linking to the trigger (part 92) and part #265 and #263.

After several hours i took the whole thing apart then put it together. It seems to be correct. i'll get some pictures up later...

Thanks for the help, sniper :):)

In all honesty, I have no idea. But I'd like to clarify that I've heard when installing a different hammer spring, its very difficult and if something (anything) isn't put in EXACTLY the same position in won't work correctly.

I found this as well.

http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/info...-18c-hammer.php

Helped?

I think the big problem is the strength of the hammer spring. Logically, you should be able to use it, but with it, you increase gas usage per strike, and more gas to push the slide back. Now, the F/A might be the slide only moving far enough to cock the hammer and load the next round, but not far enough to trip the sear (just speculation, I have the opposite issue, with semi only) Try changing the spring back, and see if that helps.

-Sh0ty

Fake edit: you most likely don't need a hammer spring unless you're running red or use green in hot weather.

I think the big problem is the strength of the hammer spring.  Logically, you should be able to use it, but with it, you increase gas usage per strike, and more gas to push the slide back.  Now, the F/A might be the slide only moving far enough to cock the hammer and load the next round, but not far enough to trip the sear (just speculation, I have the opposite issue, with semi only)  Try changing the spring back, and see if that helps.

-Sh0ty

Fake edit: you most likely don't need a hammer spring unless you're running red or use green in hot weather.

Yeah, i was also thinking the spring was too strong and also try changing back today as it does seem very strong....

Thanks for the help, problem is i've got a new hammer spring with no use.. ;)

Chris

EDIT: i am looking into using propane, guess this is the time to use it then...

L4Isoside the thing with glocks is that if you only upgrade the hammer side then the action becomes unbalanced (e.g to much gas to fire the bb and run the slide) meaning it vents excess gas

from past experience one of the best upgrades for all ksc gas glocks is a longer (extended) tighter inner barrel even if other parts are left stock

If you do want to upgrade fully then the rocket valve and its spring will need upgrading to ,so a larger amount of the gas will go down the barrel. but if there is more gas per shot then it will still work fine

the pics look great and it seems like it is together properly my concern was that the hammer (sears) were worn but the hammer height seems fine and the hammer does not look like it is cracked

you said it was back together if it still is try something for me

with no mag in the gun or at least no gas or bbs rack the slide on semi keeping the trigger pulled. (you will need to also keep the slide lock disengaged) once the slide has been racked and FULLY returned release the trigger you should hear a small click. if you pull the trigger again the hammer should fall

If you do the same on full auto the moment the slide is fully returned the hammer should fall

one small thought has the recoil spring been uprated if not then the slide might not be fast enough to reset the hammer mech

PM me or post if you need any more help with everyone here you will get it working

:rifle:

Then eventually i got it all together again, now it ONLY fires in full-auto, its very hard to rack, it only just manages to rack its self, sometimes it gets stuck and i have to do it manually, and on top of that i only get about 1 mags worth and all gas gets vented out. Also its hard to take the slide off...

Upgrades so far: Hi-flow valve, short stroke recoil guide (going to get an enhanced spring with that another day) and a metal mag catch. (so far)

The reason you're only getting one mag out of a charge is because of the high flow valves and enhanced hammer spring.

Some people will even go as far to say high flow valves are a waste of money as it just increases gas consumption with little benefits.

The recoil rod guide, is it the standard plastic one or all metal?

I tyred that test earlier, and it did click. I could re-try but i've got the old spring back in now...

No the spring isn't upgraded, yet.

The sears are worn from using pliers at one stages to line up the holes.... (no need anymore though i can do it really easily now.. :))

Im getting a airsoft surgeon valve, should come tomorrow or friday... i'll try it with that.

I wanted a inner barrel but x-fire were outta stock, were can i get a longer one from?

I also have a hi-flow valve so that should help.

Were can i get a propane adaptor from in the U.K cheap, and metal would be nice.. A plastic one (http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/) looks like it could break from a slip etc

All metal, tiff_lee

A high flow valve got me down to about 2 mags and a bit, from 3 mags and a tiny bit...

I've ordered a extended mag, will get some normal ones when i get some more money, i wont put high-flow valves in them and see what the difference is...

Thanks for the help, guys...

Chris.

FAKE EDIT: Also what is best, high-flow valves for uprated hammer spring...???

Just from my own experience, the Hidakay/BeMax spring is really hard. I ended up taking it out. Hi Flow valves are interesting, I prefer the PGC valve since it actually posted some gains (the Hurricane didn't do anything). Also the short stroke recoil guide rod w/ a stock spring will probably be harder, since the stock spring is longer than the short stroke set-up is made for.

Okay, thanks guys...

I may not use the spring at all, but i will try it again with all my mods in, to see what its like...

Yeah, i put the stock spring in to allow it to lock back, it is also much harder as it is longer, but im going to get an enhanced one so its faster, harder still... and allows it to lock back... The rod just makes the spring compress more, enhancing thoes functions... (well i hope so :) ) lol

How would i extend thoes flats on that rod? I have limited skills (being almost 15 y/o) and limited tools, lol. (i am very pratical tho...)

I could use a file i suppose... i would need to buy a high quality new one, as mine/grandads are old and i would'nt wana ruin it...

i'd also need a threaded outer barrel and slincer as it would look ugly and i guess could damage easiy with that length...

Ahhh, even more money!! lol

Also: update, im doing a detail strip to my gun, i noticed it wasn't performing aswell now, and noticed a bit of ware on places, so im cleaning it out again throughly, it is very dirty (WTF, i have no idea how) and the blow back chamber didn't go back fully when i extended it with me nail... (not that it did before, but it wasnt as fast etc) Also i've filed a few places a tiny weiny bit, (it wasn't as smooth as before, not too sure why?) so hopefully it'll be all gooood....

Thanks,

Chris.

On the metal recoil guide is there any binding between the metal guide shaft and the ring which is pushed over it?

My G18c had constant jams and I had trouble moving the slide on mine, it turned out the ring was binding so I applied some light oil and problem solved.

Although this may not be the case here (just to note my glock also has uprated hammer spring, metal slide and some mags fitted with high flow valves).

No, but i just thoughly cleaned it, was a bit oily and i think the oil was working against it...

Although todays weather seems like its the winter (well in the evening) and my mags are getting very cold when i shoot, i do warm them up but you know. So that may not help, must try to get time to do it in the afternoon, when its warm...

(today, yesterday and the day before and also tomorrow have/will be busy around the noon time/ had ###### wether)

I've actually finished the cleaninjg now, i typed this message sometime ago but forgot to click "add reply" lol

thanks for help,

Chris

Archived