FAMAS LSW

SPG

FAMAS-LSW-2.jpg

Hmm, like the flat top looks wise, but it's not that practical without a high rise scope mount, quite like the bipod mounted there, it's less spindly looking, and not at all certain about the Minimi carry handle.

I like it, except the carry-handle.

Carry handles are usually placed where the weight is evenly distributed. That wouldn't work at all.

I was thinking of it as less of a carry handle and more of a barrel handle. After all a lot of LSWs have removable barrels, although the L86 doesn't of course.

to be honest thats because even though its called the l85 LSW it's not really used for a light support role. its used to extend the effective range of the squad.

as for the picture, i would say drop the carry handle, keep the wire around the butt.

other than that, i quite like it in an odd way.

Couple more to consider, these are reasons why you should never put a FAMAS too close to a SAW.

FAMAS-LSW-3.jpg

and

FAMAS-LSW-4.jpg

I'm liking the bipod shifted back, and quite like the handguard, but I'm still thinking the very first at the topof the page is the best.

Don't know how well a C-mag would work on a bullpup. I agree on the moving the bipod back and using black furnitures, althought the green parts make it look like a SA80-clone... :)

Personally, I don't like the G36 rail with it's optics with another it of optics on top, seems excessive for some reason. On the other hand, can't really figure out any other rail that'd fit, except maybe some adaptation of AUG-style rail? What DOnut had in his XM90 wouldn't really work here.

FYI in the second design THAT ISNT A CARRY HANDLE. Its to change the barrel when it gets too hot,

I know.

have it all in black and change the bipod for a fixed one mounted in the holes in the barrel support thingy, put a cheek rest on it and perhaps a C mag

Well it has a cheek rest, but it's ont he other side, because either it's a pic I found of a left-hander's FAMAS, or more likely it's back to front. I'm not keen on a fixed bipod personally, I like one that moves as much as possible it makes life so much easier on bumpy ground. C Mag? I could well go for something like that, I don't see why it shouldn't work, the Chinese use them on their bullpup after all.

Personally, I don't like the G36 rail with it's optics with another it of optics on top, seems excessive for some reason.

I know what yo mean, I'd like to avoid G36-ing it, but at least this is the low optic free rail.

I'd say an elcan would be more suitable than an acog, and black all the way.

Possibly, but I have an ACOG already, so why spend more?

Anway, black it will be at least to start, and bipod? Well we'll see how it turns out, I'll have to make the thing from scratch anyway, so I think it'll probably be like none of the above totally, but closest to the first one. Rather than cut up my nice FAMAS though I'm tempted to find a springer or replica kit to try things out on first, and then when I've got the look, build it into the real thing. So anyone know any?

Watch this space.

nowt stopping you having an extendable fixed bipod.

and bullpups with C mags look odd, i saw an L85 with one at a recent skirmish, it was weird, but i recon in a support setup like this it might look alright.

or you could put a nice scope on it, use standard mags and use it as a DMR (kinda like we tend to use the L86 LSW)

Excellent, the Jin Peng it is, found one for €50 here in France. Thanks.

I know I can have an extendable fixed bipod, but I like the one's with a pivot at the top, it's much quicker to flip out the bipod, and drop prone not worrying too much about the bumps than it is to adjust the legs each time.

C mag bullpups do look odd, I might try and work out something slightly different, or maybe just carry a few extra mags. But the Type 95 LMG doesn't look so bad with a drum mag.

I was thinking of it as less of a carry handle and more of a barrel handle. After all a lot of LSWs have removable barrels, although the L86 doesn't of course.

Ah, understood.

On most real-steels it acts as both, but I see the logic in that. Changing M249 would be so incredibly hard without it- trust me, I know.

Either way, the FAMAS designs are amazing. I'd like to see the progress of this.

Archived