Marushin M1 Garand

Handsome Pete

Looking into one of these for plinking/target shooting. Doesn't look like UK can get hold of the export version so i was wondering if standard ones would cope with green gas and reliably? I've noticed metal magazines are available, does this create the 'ping' ejection noise which is lacking with plastic mags? Any experiences info and opinions would be great.

Ive searched and noticed that the hop is very sensitive to adjust. anything else would be great. cheers.

I just got mine yesterday, one of the new Import US versions. Yes it pings with the Metal mags, not with the plastic. It's increadably accurate, good recoil, amazing FPS. I couldn't be happier with it. Wood is good quality as well, with a finish similar to my RWS Diana 52 squirrel hunting gun.

Looking into one of these for plinking/target shooting. Doesn't look like UK can get hold of the export version so i was wondering if standard ones would cope with green gas and reliably? I've noticed metal magazines are available, does this create the 'ping' ejection noise which is lacking with plastic mags? Any experiences info and opinions would be great.

Ive searched and noticed that the hop is very sensitive to adjust. anything else would be great. cheers.

If the standard one could take Green Gas reliably, why would Marushin make an Export version to directly fix the problems people had running the standard version on green gas?

FYI that was kinda the whole point behind Spartan Imports making a special order with Marushin and bringin these to the market.

I just got mine yesterday, one of the new Import US versions.  Yes it pings with the Metal mags, not with the plastic.  It's increadably accurate, good recoil, amazing FPS.  I couldn't be happier with it.  Wood is good quality as well, with a finish similar to my RWS Diana 52 squirrel hunting gun.

Please do a very detailed review of it. I need to know whether I should sell my current stuff for one of those beauties for plinking and a WWII addiction I've just started.

Please do a very detailed review of it. I need to know whether I should sell my current stuff for one of those beauties for plinking and a WWII addiction I've just started.

I will once I get the time; I've been swamped with School work for my Psychology classes latly. My Girlfriend also borrowed the gun yesterday to take to her grandparents house (her granddad is retired Military who faught in WWII) to show her granddad. I should have it back by the end of the week, by which time i may have some time free one evening to do a nice review with pictures and such.

Archived