Attache Case

Bob the Angry Potato

For the last little while, I've been looking for an attache case (mainly for LCF, and to go with my latest pointless and impractical loadout) to put my disassembled STEYR AUG in.

The barrel length is about 20" with the flash-hider taken off. However, I can't seem to find an attache case that isn't priced insanely high that would fit it, especially one wide enough to fit the receiver, barrel and stock assembly together.

I was looking at something like this-

Aluminum_Attache_Case_AC416-169x159.jpg

Black or silver, preferably black- hollow, and/or foam lined.

Any ideas where to find one? Ebay turned up nothing, Google turns up very little. Most attache cases are for 17" laptops, everything over that seems to be luggage. However, 20" laptops exist- so I'm hoping a case does too.

Tried putting the barrel diagonally, corner-to-corner? I did a quick calculation for a 18x13 in. case and it showed up a bit over 22 inches. Pythagorean theorem, dude.

That's true- but then you need to get quite a wide case, as you'd be stacking the parts. Also, the stock is quite long as well, and wide- I doubt stacking it would be too good for it, and you'd lose some of the 'awesome' factor as well.

Still, advice well appreciated- I suppose I could do that if all else fails. Just have to find a wide case.

or you could try the aluminium camera carry cases, (cheap from jessops) or you might be able to find someone who custom makes them for guitar flight cases?

*edit*

infact if you find a guitar flight case you may not even need to take the gun appart.

*second edit*

or you could try something like this?

http://www.nextag.com/Pina-Zangaro-Camden-...559/prices-html

Yeah. DJ style cases are defo worth a look.

They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Try Hard To Find Records (htfr.com I think). They are a UK company but im pretty sure they ship internationally. If not, at least it will give an idea of whats available.

Chris

Archived