Cheap Kimber Warrior: WE Tac to Kimber

judgeman

So I sold a perfectly good TM 1911A1 for the money to buy a WE Tac, so I could mold it into one of my dream handguns: A Kimber Warrior.

First thing is the trades, I need to find a good hi-res shot of all the trades on a Kimber handgun. Second, obviously, are the grips. I'd prefer to source them off of here, new ones cost too much for my liking. And for gods sake, I have to do something about that rattle...it's driving me nutty.I'll update with progress shots here and there.

I might be able to help you with that rattle problem, since I've done some thinking on the issue myself. I've not had a chance to actually try this, though, and it'll involve some spending, so please take it with a grain of salt.

The rattling of the WE1911 has three major components to it, in order of rattlingness from my observations:

1. The front of the slide can lift itself off the frame a considerable distance and then come back down

2. The hammer doesn't seat against the rear of the slide, allowing the slide to move slightly back and forth

3. The rails of the slide and frame don't fit tightly and allows for slight rotational ratting

My solution would in theory correct the first two. Basically, it involves the purchasing of a TM1911 (NOT 2011) hopup chamber (contact leonardinjapan at hotmail dot com, he sources stock TM parts) and a Nine Ball M1911 full length recoil spring guide set (seen here: http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?...oducts_id=4531). The result is that the recoil spring guide slots into the TM1911 hopup chamber, which should hold the guide straight and true. The guide itself then holds the slide in place, preventing it from lifting off the frame and rattling that way. In addition, the enhanced recoil spring makes it harder for the slide to slide back out of battery and rattle that way.

If you're on a tight budget and need to cut corners, omit the TM hopup chamber first and see if the standard open-slot retention of the spring guide is sufficient (a real option since it usually is for 2011s). Other companies also produce full length spring guide sets for the TM1911, so you can shop around, although I'm pretty sure the Nine Ball set is the best price one available.

If you've actually got some money to spend and do decide to go with the TM1911 hopup chamber, I'd highly recommend also ordering some stock TM hopup chamber screws, stock TM gas valves and stock loading nozzle retraction spring. They do absolute wonders for WE, particularly the latter two.

Good luck.

If you've actually got some money to spend and do decide to go with the TM1911 hopup chamber, I'd highly recommend also ordering some stock TM hopup chamber screws, stock TM gas valves and stock loading nozzle retraction spring. They do absolute wonders for WE, particularly the latter two.

Wonder what all that would run me. I might just. :D

Thanks!

**Edit** I've got to hit the sack, if someone could tell me if UN CO has these parts, i'd be in your debt.

Stock TM parts are actually quite cheap, Leonard doesn't ask much for them. It's the shipping that'll get you (TM->him plus him->you), that and TM is slow as heck at shipping parts. Like ordering anything from overseas, you might want to order in bulk and enough valves all at once to fit all the WE mags you have and intend to get.

Almost forgot, get a Guarder enhanced loading nozzle while you're at it. Might want to shim your piston head cup fit to the new nozzle, too, if you don't just replace your piston head. Stay away from PDI's 1911 piston head, too tight, again Nine Ball if you bother getting one at all. No, you don't have to use the spring it comes with. No, I really don't know if that spring does what Nine Ball says it does.... Does anyone? It's something of a mystery. :D

It's also worth mentioning (because some reviews here might give you the idea) that stock TM gas rubber is slightly nicer than the WE's, but not nice enough if you don't have enough money to splurge. I've got them in my WE1911, but I wish I had gotten a tightbore instead. In fact, I recommend you get a tightbore if you can (they do wonders for GBBs), along with a new hopup sleeve (even if it's just the stock TM sleeve).

Finally, no, you can't actually fit the TM1911's spacer thing at the rear of the slide that sits against the hammer and prevents the TM1911's slide from moving/rattling when the hammer is down, the WE doesn't have the slot for it. Plus inserting any sort of spacer between the rear of the WE1911 slide and the hammer messes up the sear timing, no matter how well shaped the spacer is, I've tried.

That's like, 90% of my knowledge on the WE1911 right there, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived