Systema Challenge kits

jagfish

Did a search on Systema Challenge PTW and didn't see much about the gun kits Systema offers. Any experience with them out there?

Questions I have:

1. Easy to put together?

2. What'd the deal with no trades? Why would they do that, I mean how much money does that really save (just rhetorical) Anyway, are there any alternatives to having a bare receiver?

3. Are buyers generally satisfied with the gun and savings afforded by self-assembly, despite the annoying lack of trades?

3. Anything else enlightened ones would like to add would be much welcomed...

1.) I had my kit assembled at empireairsoft simply because i wanted the gun to work out of the box. I have no qualms about troubleshooting problems when they occur but when its a new system i prefer not to cause any problems. From what ive been told by friends they're relatively easy to put together. Almost all of the parts are already assembled and ready to go. Its basically a plug and play type of thing.

2.) I assume systema did this to cut costs and to also give the user the option of putting their own trademarks onto their gun. Despite systemas rhetoric about how these are military and LE training weapons im fairly certain the SCK's were produced with the target audience being that of the skirmisher.

3.) A buddy of mine who owns two ptw's recommended that i purchase the complete gun to avoid any issues. Naturally i didnt listen and im paying the price. The roll pin for my bolt release fell out tonight and was almost lost. Im going to have to source a new, larger roll pin in order to prevent my gun from shaking loose important components. I also have an out of spec upper receiver that will not accept my eotech 511 or my real steel aimpoint mounts. So much for 1:1 dimensions eh?

4.) Its a seriously neat gun. Right now was the 1700 dollar initial buy in worth it? No, absolutely not since ive got to send the gun back to get the situation rectified. I could have spent 100 dollars on some piece of ###### clone and at least played with it this weekend. Yes ive got other guns but holy ###### was i amped about playing with my ptw at this weekends game.

Will the ptw be worth it once ive got all of these issues fixed? You bet your sweet *albatross* im sure it will. Only time will tell though. I normally have a turn around time of about six months for each of my custom built rifles and i never own more than two rifles at a time so we will see if the ptw stays in my collection for more than six months. Im really hoping it does as im getting kind of tired of buying and selling in order to find the holy grail of airsoft so to speak.

Good luck if you decide to purchase the ptw. Here's hoping your experience is a little smoother than mine.

Because it's not assembled by Systema, it does not have Systema trades. But they didn't want to infringe licenced trademarks either, so the receiver was left blank. Redwolf sells Challenge Kits with proper M4A1 markings, and the lower receivers seem to be available separately as well.

-Sale

Archived