DE UMP

Kye

Hello all. What are these beasties like? They seem to be rather good and reliable. Are there any issues with them? What sort of weight is it? What is the build quality and performance like? I know the very basics on them from looking at gunner airsoft.

I have the USP and its pretty good. I was umming and arring between that and the Glock 18c but the heavier weight of the USP made up my mind. It has a full metal top slide so is considerably heavier that the glock aep. I only have mine for playing pistol only games when its to cold to use Gas, but it has a good range and not had a problem with it.

I've got the TSD rebrand of the DE v2 UMP. It's very nice. It's got the best factory shim job I've seen on a China gun. The barrel and hop rubber needed a good cleaning when new. Even then, the hop rubber wasn't real great, but was soon replaced. A better battery makes a huge difference too.

Externally it's gorgeous. It's painted matte black from the factory, which is a huge improvement over the shiny v1's.

The stock highcap works great. I bought some additional highcaps from PointAct. They were a bit different, the winding wheels are black (the stock one's is white), and they don't work as well. I'm guessing the white-wheeled one is a newer version.

I have the USP and its pretty good. I was umming and arring between that and the Glock 18c but the heavier weight of the USP made up my mind. It has a full metal top slide so is considerably heavier that the glock aep. I only have mine for playing pistol only games when its to cold to use Gas, but it has a good range and not had a problem with it.

UMP, not USP

:flamed: flamed...

i have one it has a far better exterior build than the star or the g&g, but the internals are shabby, my gears all shreaded and i cant get the gear box back toghether with new internals in, its a bit of a diffrent gearbox i think...

Hmm. That is where my concern lies with UMP (and most other clones) really, is getting spares that fit nd work with it.

The JG 36c is another favourite, and one that seems like it can take any TM/ CA part. Or so I am led to believe.

EDIT: I just went for a look again, and was encouraged at this:

Name: UMP

Manufacturer: VB China

Weight: 4 kg with box

Power: 320fps with 0.2g BB

Metal Gear box: Yes

Adjustable Hop up: Yes

TM compatible Hop up: Yes

Hi-Capacity Magazine:Included

Battery and Charger: Included

Complete clone of G&G UMG, Metal version 3 gearbox and hop up chamber, all parts 100% complete TM/CA/GG compatible!!

Archived