'Vanaras' NSN style 4x scope (ACOG NSN

Handsome Pete

Probably placing an order on RSOV soon and wondered if anyone had used or experience with the Vanaras Acog. I was initially going for the G&P one but this is twice as expensive. any info would be much appreciated. cheers.

Well, since it ws me that left the first review on RSOV (below), you can tell I liked it...

...and one of the guys who had a look at it on Sunday has now ordered one too.

Review:

Well, what can I say, except EXCELLENT !

Came in a well packaged box, good padding, with the Weaver/Picatinny rail attached, and the base plate for an 11mm dovetail in the box.

Well built casing, really solid and good looking (imho).

Crystal clear optics, some of the guys on site were raving about the clarity, it really is THAT good.

Good eye relief, allowing quite a bit of variation in the position of your eye behind the rear lens.

The built in iron sites are a bonus, for when using the 4x optics isn’t suitable, and makes reflex shooting a synch.

Only down side, the reticule isn’t illuminated, but it’s not supposed to be, so can’t really complain about that, but just something to be aware of.

Overall, top marks !.

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! [5 of 5 Stars!]

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

:)

cheers boss. Just wondered, was ur reticle miss aligned like the other guys? I think his horizontal line was at an angle?! A personal pic of urs would be awesome too. cheers.

Nope, no "misalignment" at all, everything was good...

...I'll see if I can sort you a picture.

Erm...

Be prepared to take it to bits and fix it.

It seems to be built fairly well but, due to the way they're manufactured, there's a big likelihood it won't work properly.

Opposite the vertical and horizontal adjusters there are 2 springs inside the housing. These springs live inside holes drilled into the inside of the housing.

It seems as though there's no control on how deep these holes are drilled.

As a result the springs that push the lens assembly against the adjusters may not be sitting at the correct height.

This means, simply, that there's nothing to push the lens sideways (or vertically) when you twiddle the adjusters.

I can wind the horizontal adjuster of mine roughly 95% of the way from left to right and the crosshair doesn't move. It's only the last 5% of the adjustment that actually moves the crosshair.

There's the same problem, to a lesser extent, with the vertical adjusters too.

Would I recommend buying one?

Well, if I was selling them I'd either fix this fault myself and ensure they all get sold with a full range of adjustment or I'd sell them at a cheap rate in the knowledge that they're not made properly.

With this in mind I'd only buy one on the understanding that they're definitely NOT a reliable, functional piece of kit and I might have to pul it apart to fix the problem.

Be warned!

Yes.

No idea why but the scope seems to come with 2 mount bases. One with round clamp nuts and another with hexagonal clamp-nuts.

Haven't really looked closely but both mount bases seem to be identical.

Anyway, if you take the scope off the mount base it'll go on a carry handle.

...No idea why but the scope seems to come with 2 mount bases. One with round clamp nuts and another with hexagonal clamp-nuts.

Haven't really looked closely but both mount bases seem to be identical...

"round clamp nuts" = RIS (20mm)

"hexagonal clamp-nuts" = 11mm dove-tail (std air rifles etc.)

Archived