prop explosive

Sturaiku

Second option sounds better. At least you have some control but I'd still have concerns over the first. Never set of a pyro in an enclosed space before but know guys who have. Even a relatively small one makes a big bang and there is a risk of burns if nothing else. Not an expert by any means but I'd always err on the side of caution.

Remember, no matter how idiot proof there's always a bigger idiot out there!!

1. Buy a box and combination lock

2. drill holes in box (so the sound can come out)

3. put egg timer in there

4. lock it

Now it's armed, dial in combination to unlock the box and remove the egg timer and do whatever with it, now it's defused.

You can even decorate the box with wires and stuff to make it look more like a bomb.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the necropost but I do have an update for the topic at hand.IMG_3553.jpg

I used simple kitchen timer hooked up to a switch. When you want to arm it, you flip the switch, time it, then arm it. Disarming is the opposite way; Disarm, reset, turn off.

interesting that i stumbled on this as a buddy and i have been thinking of making a similar device to look like a C4 pack from BF2 or something. Simple electric timer, but I want to work on a wire cutting setup where the enemy can fail (as mentioned earlier) how could that be done so it would cause a puff of flour or a noise to occur? I don't know how to wire at the moment so if anyone who can could say it would be great.

You could have 2 switch setups. One that breaks between the battery of the timer, and one of the leads to the timer itself. Then another switch that if flipped, turn on a loud buzzer of some sort.

If you don't label the switches theres a 50/50 chance of failure. Especially if you switch around the switches. :D

One thing I thought might be cool would be if you had to take a cylindrical detonator out to disarm it, only the detonator is in a metal tube slightly bigger than the detonator itself and if the detonator touches the sides of the metal tube the bomb will go off, think along the lines of the operation board game.

That'd be good, but then the force needing to disarm it will have a harder time disarming than the "terrorists" arming it. I'd like to keep the procedure of both arming and disarming a little balanced. Also, having to do all of that while under fire would be pretty tough!

To judge from the cinema/TV - arming a bomb is pretty easy, and disarming it is pretty damn hard, and can only be accomplished when the timer has less than 10 seconds left...

How hard it is depends on whether you're Jack Bauer, James Bond, Jack Traven (Speed), Riggs and Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon), etc, etc...

Archived