Yet more 1911 troubles.

Fellowz

hey guys.

have been fiddling with my 1911 latley to find a certain problem.

and i think ive narrowed it down to 2 parts

basically, when i rack the slide, it sticks and i either need to give it a tap to unstick it or flick the gun itself a little and the slide moves back to its normal position.

now the 2 parts that are causing it are either the blowback unit which might be causing it to stick due to wear.

or a TINY spring which is under this sliver part in this pic.

Picture007-3.jpg

if you know the part number for that spring or have any other suggestions as to how to fix it.

please tell me

cheers.

That spring is supposed top be there, when the hammer falls the valve knocker goes forward, the piece you took a picture of is pushed up by the spring and locks the valve knocker in place.

As the slide recoils, the back of the slide pushes the hammer back and at a set point a ramp on the underside of the slide pushes down the part you photographed and it releases the valve knocker and stops the gas flow.

It could be that part if the wear is enough to make it stick in the ramped groove it lives in, it might also be that the underside of the blowback mech is getting caught on the top of the hammer. Could be worn sears or hammer in that case, or a loose blowback mech.

I had the same symptoms, the slide wouldn't return.

Disassemble the hop unit, and check if that little thing that presses the HU rubber is placed good. I put mine to high, and the symptoms were the same.

"basically, when i rack the slide, it sticks and i either need to give it a tap to unstick it or flick the gun itself a little and the slide moves back to its normal position."

That was a TM1911, I don't know what make is your version.

Archived