Fuel Prices

Eddie182

dafool- 43% income tax?!

I take it you're talking about sweden, cos the UK does NOT have taxes like that.

more like 20% is actual "income tax".

we get taxed on everything else though (see above post- bit about keeping old porky prescott in jags), which is why cost of living is so high here, even though we get nothing for it.

and antagon, believe me, I'm still VERY proud of the sterling work our NHS does. I just can't stand the way the voters and politicians spend their lives hamstringing it through mismanagement and underfunding and encouraging doctors and nurses to join the private sector, and then sit around complaining that they have to wait to be seen by a dr.

yes. of course you do. thats what you WANTED, wasn't it?

and as I'm currently in the US without any sort of healthcare coverage, I can honestly say, yes, give me the NHS over private care ANY day of the week.

My wife had the shock of her life when she was studying in the UK- signed up for a doctor, got seen at his surgery, got repeat prescriptions, the works. all free, and barely a question asked.

now shes on the freecare deal, which is all very noble, but by god, don't they make you feel dirty?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to All.

I am a small haulier based in Southampton (UK) and I have been the sole organiser of fuel protests in the South. Im fed up paying horrendous prices for what is basically a neccessity for my existence as a haulage company.

My fuel bill for my two trucks last fortnight was £2700.00 and this fortnight it has risen to £3800,00. How are we all supposed to cope with this level of taxation.?

My aim is for peaceful protests at refineries nationwide, however, if the government fails to listen to its voters, then we WILL take direct action and we will have a situation similar to 2000 when the fuel pumps ran dry.

My aim of this post is to see how many are in favour of our action. A local radio poll in the Southampton area drew 96% in favour of direct action. What are your views??

Answers to chris@hunterhaulage.biz

Anyone local to Southampton on Tuesday 3rd May 2005 is asked to join us on the gate at Fawley refinery (Gate One) from 05:00 hours. This demo has been syncronised nationwide and every refinery in the country is being protested outside. Further details available from Chris Hunter on 07917 132466 or 01980 844107.

Right, i wasn't going to post until arnie had sorted my sig out but anyway i couldn't resist on this one. :(

the reason petrol prices are going up is because oil is running out, we only have about 28 years worth of profiable oil, the rest is trapped in sand and costs alot to get out, infact you have to put 3 barrles in to get 2 out.

the problem is mostly down to the US and their cars and more so the airline idustry which is destroying the world because people want to go abroad all the time for holidays. basically until it runs out prices will go up because they have to

i myself will never support the airline industry and i never want a car for more reasons than petrol prices, and i plan to live close to work so i don't have to travel far, that way i won't be dependant on petrol and will live a manly mans life in a hut in some woods :D

Infact the only thing that keeps me rom killing myself is the fact i want to see the US fail when oil runs out :P

and if this doesn't display properly turn the signatures off to read it ;)

Hello to All.

I am a small haulier based in Southampton (UK) and I have been the sole organiser of fuel protests in the South. Im fed up paying horrendous prices for what is basically a neccessity for my existence as a haulage company.

My fuel bill for my two trucks last fortnight was £2700.00 and this fortnight it has risen to £3800,00. How are we all supposed to cope with this level of taxation.?

My aim is for peaceful protests at refineries nationwide, however, if the government fails to listen to its voters, then we WILL take direct action and we will have a situation similar to 2000 when the fuel pumps ran dry.

My aim of this post is to see how many are in favour of our action. A local radio poll in the Southampton area drew 96% in favour of direct action. What are your views??

Answers to chris@hunterhaulage.biz

Anyone local to Southampton on Tuesday 3rd May 2005 is asked to join us on the gate at Fawley refinery (Gate One) from 05:00 hours. This demo has been syncronised nationwide and every refinery in the country is being protested outside. Further details available from Chris Hunter on 07917 132466 or 01980 844107.

Damn I have to work on the 3rd :(

I say go for it, lets have the same as we did last time.

I was working for the AA back then, and they were running a campain pointing out how 85% of what you pay for is tax.

Fuel levels were running low and I only had enough to last the week, or, head over to france and fill up.

Came back with a total of 100ltrs of diesel and the savings on the price actually paid for the trip!

How crazy is that?

It cost the same to travel across the channel and fill up that it did to go to the local tescos!

when you think about it, even with currency differences, how can the US pay, for example, $2 a gallon, while the UK pays 2 gbp a gallon?

its the same oil, bought for the same price. Its just old Two Jags want a promotion to Twelve Jags. And he's probably a bit peckish (its two minutes after he finished his tea, afterall), so he probably wants some M&S porkpies shipped up to him in his working class northerners Gaff in Mayfair.

Archived