Building CO2/HPA kit for tanaka M700 Mag

charliethegreat

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you can understand my enthusiasm.

Edit: can you please post some pictures so that we can fully understand what it looks like?

Here is one of my previous creations for a buddy

co2.jpg

This one uses a Palmer's Micro Rock regulator with a CCI phantom 12g quick change adapter.

The 12g adapter was tapped for 1/8 npt and the regulator attached. I built a second one for a friend that included a 90 degree elbow, 1/2in pressure gauge a small expansion chamber ( The micro rock lacks the chamber)

I could build a 12g based one on a similar principle, using either rock regulators or stabilizers if you want it in the stock pouch. The line used was microline and is fairly flexable. On the magazine side, a 90 degree joint and male end quick disconnect will be used.

Pricing... Not a clue until I sit down and assemble one to base spec ( before extras and etc)

Tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one uses a Palmer's Micro Rock regulator with a CCI phantom 12g quick change adapter.

The 12g adapter was tapped for 1/8 npt and the regulator attached. I built a second one for a friend that included a 90 degree elbow, 1/2in pressure gauge a small expansion chamber ( The micro rock lacks the chamber)

I could build a 12g based one on a similar principle, using either rock regulators or stabilizers if you want it in the stock pouch. The line used was microline and is fairly flexable. On the magazine side, a 90 degree joint and male end quick disconnect will be used.

Pricing... Not a clue until I sit down and assemble one to base spec ( before extras and etc)

Is the fps adjustable?

It will be dependent on the setup of your rifle, you should probably start from 0 and work up to tune.

Or better still, find out what PSI propane would be injected at and work from there.

Propane is a fun beast. The way I understand it. Propane is stored at something like 90psi at 21 degrees. Thing is, propane expands rather violently, and not in a regulated, consistent manner. Regulated CO2 should produce the same, consistent output. Like running a tap, compared to up-turning a cup of water. Or something like that. I know I won't need 200psi, and I'm fully prepared to spend an hour or 2 playing around with it when I get one. Still, some idea of what I'll be playing with would be good.

Thanks.

Is the fps adjustable?

Yup, the adjustment is made via a screw on the top which controls the plunger movement. Rock regulators are preset for 0-300 while stabilizers are set for 0-800 unless you get a Low Pressure Kit.

As far as building them goes, I can get supplies and etc together and assemble them myself to your spec. You basically tell me your application and you pay for the parts, shipping and $20 assembly labor for regulators. As for magazines I can do part cost + 10 dollar fee for drill + tap

Since the parts themselves cost allot already, I don't want to fleece you guys.

I can do:

12g single stage regulator

12g double stage regulator

magazine tap and 90 degree connector.

I can have more detailed prices up once I catalog the parts.

I will want my fps to be about 500, so the regulator that will allow me to adjust the fps to that. And is it 10 for each magazine? or is it for all as i have 4 magazines. I will want the one that is small enough to fit into a rifle pouch. BTW as far is consistancy goes how much does the fps vary(preferrably on a tanaka)? and does it make it any louder than on green? So if you can give me a rough estimate it would be much appreciated!!

EDIT: the main thing for me is that it is VERY consistant so that i can have the most accuracy possible. ALso on a side note, the co2 rig wont weigh too much or be too bulky right? Because i am going too be doing hunteering and i want to use this as an alternative to buying a g-spec it possible.

I will want my fps to be about 500, so the regulator that will allow me to adjust the fps to that. And is it 10 for each magazine? or is it for all as i have 4 magazines. I will want the one that is small enough to fit into a rifle pouch. BTW as far is consistancy goes how much does the fps vary(preferrably on a tanaka)? and does it make it any louder than on green? So if you can give me a rough estimate it would be much appreciated!!

Green Gas usually rests at 75 PSI and can spike as high as 100 psi. With a Palmer's Low pressure regulator, your usable range is from 0-400psi. 500 fps can be reached.

The Magazine tapping would be for each. If a larger group is sent, I can reduce the price for the total.

For consistency, I've seen +/- 2fps on well tuned guns. With a single stage setup you will probably see closer to +/- 8-13 fps in the worst case. On my previous rifle, I was clocked before entering a game at 495, 495, 495, 495, 496, but this was with a dual stage regulator setup.

I've figured the cost of a single Unit to roughly $130 before tax, labor and shipping.

a stage 2 regulator would be another $30

Turnaround from date of received payment will be about a week and a half.

IF there is strong interest in this, I can have a larger pool of parts on hand and thus reducing the overall price.

edit

As far as bulk, here is an example of how they fit

IMG_0298.jpg

a pouch attached to your buttstock, the overall unit might be the size of an 8.4v large battery.

Magnum, do you have any pictures of an entire rifle useing that same setup? If so, i would like to see them as i would like to see how much different it looks.Its not that big a deal to me, as i am more concerned abot not being seen at all, but i am curious.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know what fittings these have http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...;products_id=30

I'm assuming 6mm slip fit. Would be nice to be sure though. I've got the problem of getting a 6mm hose to attach to my Tanaka mag. Thinking about useing the metric adapter to convert it over from 1/8npt. I've got loads of metric taps. Never even seen 1/8npt taps.

Chears

Can anyone recommend me regs for a HPA setup? Is 1 reg enough, or should I do a 2 reg setup - 1 to take HPS down from 3000 PSI to around 800 PSI and then another one to get it from 800 to 150 PSI or so? Which ones work good and give best results for the buck?

Bjorn

Magnum: I have access to that tap you're talking about. If nothing else, I could buy your starter kit. I've given serious consideration to both your cold shot rig and the Palmers shop rigs. For a couple of reasons, I've come to the conclusion that the Palmers rig would be best for my current situation. Although the Cold Shot secondary regulator, combined with ease of installation over the Palmers rig, had me very nearly buying one of your rigs strait away. Cost then came into the equation, with a few other factors. I'm just left with a few unknowns about the Palmers rig. One of which is the fitting on the QD fittings. I'm pretty sure they'll be the same ones you use. So could you let me know what fittings are on them? Also, is there any chance of getting the second reg, fittings and tap starter set of your Cold Shot without the first regulator. And what kind of price would that be at? I may have to order one off you. Then again, price is a concern. So if I can do it cheaper, I probably will.

Thanks.

Dear AnotherJesus,

The plug you are looking for is a 10-32 Quick disconnect plug with a .196in diameter and the socket is a .196in ID with an auto shut off valve (slide check). They are not paintball connectors, more or less they were designed for airbrushes and micro compressors

The second regulator runs about 30-45 dollars depending on the fittings you decide to use.

You'll need a

10-32 to 1/4 OD push-to-connect fitting

10-32 90 degree elbow to 1/4 OD push-to-connect fitting

a 1/16npt 0-150psi gauge

and the Secondary regulator itself.

Archived