What do you think?

snowman

I've just altered Justpistols.co.uk to display a different image at random each time you load the homepage.

Tell me if you prefer the random image approach or the fixed one with all the different guns - I can't make my mind up... :)

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick response - Random it will remain, I'll probably sort out some specific images to use for the selection (it's only a limited number, rather than a truly random selection from the whole site).

Always open to suggestions on how to improve the site, but I don't think I'm going to change the site a lot - It's a lot of work to maintain as it is and a major overhaul is too much trouble for no real return.

It's not like people pay me money to run the site! :D

Docv400 - What browser are you running? You only get one random image (and it throws up the original multi gun one by default so non-js users get an image).

Cheers.

Docv400 - What browser are you running? You only get one random image (and it throws up the original multi gun one by default so non-js users get an image).

Cheers.

I was going to say the same but that explains it.

I get the multi-gun picture and then a static random one. I guess that's how it's supposed to be.

A bit random but I thought I'd ask...

Is the VCRA affecting your site?

I mean, have you noticed a significantly lower number of hits since october, indicating that less people are browsing before buying?

Just wondering.

Also, I never like to miss an opportunity to say what a great site that is. Sure, there are parts of it that weren't terribly well laid out at times but JustPistols is one of the best, no, THE best independant sites on the internet.

Geez, even with all the free blagging and insider info, it'll be years before Arnies can produce such a comprehensive selection of reviews.

There are times I'll just sit and read reviews on my laptop while watching TV. Only problem is that I always end up wanting to buy something. ;)

My APS3 clone is arriving tomorrow, apparently.

Let me know if you fancy reviewing it. :)

Archived