Problems with KA 120rnd midcaps

Kye

Hello all

I have got myself a box of five said magazines and i'm having problems with them feeding. The rated capacity is 120 rounds. If I fill them to that capacity then they jam up with bb's being stuck side by side, nor do they feed into the gun either.

With 80 rounds it is a mixed mag. Some of the mags will feed quite well, then require a firm knock, while at other times a knock is needed after each shot. on some occasions I can empty the magazine. On others the last few rounds get jammed either side by side, or against the lip which the spring loaded wedge in on

Between 40- 60 rounds I reckon, they seem to feed fine with the occasional jam as well.

Can anyone tell me what I could do to sort these irritating problems out? I have squirted silicon spray into them, and give them taps once loaded up. I brought them from airsoft armoury with a mate at the same time, and he is having problems as well. A bad batch possibly?

I can't say i'm all that impressed so far, especially not since i'm off to Longmoor this saturday and only have 3 lo-caps aside from my hi caps.

Cheers in advance,

are these the m4/m16 mags? if so then read on..

Okay, i had the same problem with these, i bought a box of 5 and loaded them all up to use at Urban Assault in December. soon as the action kicked off i didnt get a single shot out of them, then i realised that they had try to fit too many bb's into a midcap...the problem is with the mags is the plastic feeder that is attatched to the spring is shaped like the end of a finger, and the bb's get jammed either side, so i took them apart.

they have 3 parts inside, the end cap (which undoes with a screwdriver) the spring..and the feeder.

ALl you have to do is file the or cut( i filed) the feeder at a 45 degree angle, doesnt matter which side, or flat if you prefer, (i tried both and the 45 thing worked better) thi is how the feeder is in most GBB pistol mags.

then reassemble, spray a bit of silicone in there. and BOSH.

hope that helps!

Glad you got them sorted.

I'll just add, don't lube mags, midcaps or locaps, it's not neccessary.

Plastic BBs/followers running in plastic tubes/slots don't require lubing. All the lube will do is attract and hold dust/dirt, which will lead to problems.

If you lube mags, the lube gets up into the hop via the BBs and messes that up too.

Archived