Major overhaul of www.outsidecontext.com

Basho

Dear all,

I have just completed a major overhaul of www.outsidecontext.com and would welcome a little feedback (I can take it! :cry:)

ocj1.jpg

Current highlights include reviews of Rambo IV and Michael Clayton.

Now that the design is finished there are going to be many more posts on airsoft, computer gaming and movie reviews as well as a major announcement coming in April.

Anyway please take a look and let me know what you think!

Regards,

:D

Basho

www.outsidecontext.com

Only complaint so far is that it's still loading but I think that might be works connection being a little slow!

Other than that it's much easier to understand than your previous layout. I like it a lot.

Edit: As usual I find your writing style annoying, although I quite enjoyed your MMO article and actually think you have a somewhat good point but maybe take it too far. :)

Arrgh, you are the only person I know that liked Death Proof as well. I thought it was the usual self-indulgent, obvious, pretentious Tarantino donkey poo! ;)

Metaphors and similes drip from every puss-filled orifice, thick and heavy as the smoke of a fat sweaty mans cuban cigar. A million exxagerations fill every page to bursting and bizarre analogys float overhead like a flock of toasters.

Ahem...

I dunno. Maybe you're appealing to a specific audience but I find your writing style a bit self-indulgent.

It would be far more readable, IMO at least, if you tried to focus on concise prose.

It's difficult to actually focus on the subject of a review or article if I'm busy considering the significance of some obscure metaphor.

*EDIT*

Actually, I gotta admit, I could spend some time exploring your site. It does seem to have plenty of content. Good effort there. You're actually putting stuff up for people to read, for free. Can't argue with that. :)

I dunno. Maybe you're appealing to a specific audience but I find your writing style a bit self-indulgent.

From the tiny amount that I read due to boredom, I agree.

Then again, I think that blogs themselves are rather self indulgent.

Archived