battery and mag mod

johnnyj

Hi guys, Not sure if this has ever been done but i had a problem with the gun i'm building , m4 ca lower , madbull upper , madbull front end and G&G side folding stock .... with no place to put the battery and i hate the look of the most add on's for battery's like peq's and battery slings and ready mags .. so i had a simple thought as i only ever use low or real cap mags :) to place the battery in the mag

So far i have an old sanyo 8.4 600mAh mini 7 sell and a nice working tm low cap mag . I have cut the inner of the low cap out and cut the spring down and made a new stop for it , its a very tight fit atm with the bare wire connections sticking out the top of the mag but so far so good ! my next task is to make a thin rubber block on the to of the mag that divides the connectors and to a mod on a old GB's wire's so when the mag is locked in there is a good connection

also i now have to make a charger connection so i can charge the damn thing:P

i would have pic's up but the camera i have here is so ###### it would not be worth it , but i will get some up asap with another camera as soon as get hold of it

please dont flame to much hehe i was board

john.

I have actually thought about doing the same mod. It would do that you would not need any charging in the next 10 games or so :-D

What I thought was to take vietnam type inner and put in normal size outer. Then I would have good space under to make the battery.

Also make a dean-type maybe glued to the bottom on the inside so I could charge the batteries without opening the mag.

It would also be possible on Mp5, but I think the short type magazines are 50 rounds or something?

It was done before IIRC when someone made an G3K aaaaaaaaages ago - two contacts on the top of the mag and two corresponding ones inside the magwell.

I would have though a lipo would have worked better, but to each his own.

Yeah.. The li-po is better. And if you charge the battery before a game you would probably have the battery last for a whole weekend.

The mod would also make a shorter wiring and if you use good wiring you don`t need anything more then 7.4v li-po.

I have got good quality li-po for my systema from China at 20$ each. But that was small size 20C batteries.

In a normal aeg you could probably have 10c 1800mah that is super small.

Only thing is making a charger rack to place your magazines in to charge them all at once :-D.. Maybe something like a 20mag rack or more..

Archived