AKS 74 UN

expvideo

OK, so I think I might get one of these, but I want to know a little bit about them. There are a lot of manufacturers of this model, and I'm not really familiar with all of the cheapsoft brands. I was reading on ebay (great source, huh) that the Kalash version comes with a tightbore. Is that true? Anyway, I have a couple of more important questions:

First of all, of the cheapsoft brands (~$150 and under), which AKS 74 UN is the best? I am looking for power, reliability, metal construction, wood would be nice (not essential), compatability with mags, and a side rail.

I was looking at DBoys, Kalash, Echo1 and CYMA. They all look good, but I don't know if any of them are riddled with bugs.

My other question is mag compatability. I like to use cheap midcaps. How interchangeable are AK mags? Can the AK74s take AK47 mags? Can certain brands (dboys especially) take other companies' mags?

Sorry to be such a newb, but I've never been interested in airsoft AKs before. The funny thing is that I know more than you'd ever need to about real AKs, lol.

Anyway, I would really appreciate some guidance, especially from people with experience with the particular models. Thank you.

First of all, the Echo 1 is a rebranded CYMA; and Kalash is the same thing as Dboys.

Alright, for cheapsofts, Kalash/Dboys is by far the best. The externals are full steel on the RK-01S (The normal RK-01 just has a steel body, barrel, and stock--or is it flashider?), while the CYMA's got crappy pot metal externals. The Kalash is also a clone of the VFC, which is much more accurate than the Marui that CYMA copied.

For internals, many say that the CYMA is superior, but the Kalash has all of the same--if not better!--internals as the CYMA. The Kalash has a better motor, better box (7mm), better bushings (Steel 7mm on the RK-01S, nylon 7mm on the normal RK-01), and better spring guide (metal base, compared to the full plastic one in the CYMA). Oh, and a much better battery too. The rest of the internals are pretty much the same; gears, piston, etc. The only thing better in the CYMA is the barrel, which isn't that great anyway; and I guess you could say the hop-up bucking--but both are easy and cheap fixes.

Just one more thing about the internals: The Kalash shoots 400 FPS, and the CYMA shoots 360, I'd recommend downgrading the Kalash.

Now; onto mag compatibility. Hopefully, I convinced you to get the Kalash, so I won't saying anything about the CYMA's magazine compatibility. Well, nevermind, the CYMA is 100% Marui compatiable.

The Kalash takes STAR magazines fine, and '47 mags will work too. But, you may have to file off a little bit (1mm, mebbe 2mm) of your mag catch for a few brands to work. This will allow every aftermarket mag to fit, but only the Kalash mag won't.

That's great news! I was eyeing the Kalash as the best one, so that's good to hear. The hop bucking and barrel don't bother me, because I always replace both whenever I get a new AEG. I preffer MadBull blue rubbers and JBU 6.03 barrels, so that is always an expected upgrade whenever I buy an AEG.

I have the cyma...but i have since. Replaced the wood grips with RS ones..and replaced the internals with systema running gear and piston.

BUt i only did that as a good deal came up that i cudnt refuse. As stock the CYMA is excellent, and have been the told on many occasions recently how nice my AK is.

I use it as my primary AEG, and i love it.

Archived