12v lipo ina saw

tweaked_tim

• 1 month later...
At 12v's you may struggle to get the box mag to keep up. My Star doesnt even like 9.6v much.

I've had nothing but problems with mine running an 8 cell.... goes through pistons like it does bb's! I'm going down to a 7 cell and polycarb piston next.....

wawa

I read your review about you using a ~11v lipo setup and was wondering which brand of M249 do you have and what is your setup inside?

(Infected speaking)

Ah, my M249 how I've learned a lot on this gun. :)

It's an A&K (Echo1 same thing), M249 Para.

Internals:

Stock barrel

Element Red Hop up unit

Custom Hop nub (made from some insulation from 16 gauge silicone insulated wiring)

Stock air nozzle

Stock cylinder head

Prometheus POM Piston Head (bearings removed)

Element bearing spring guide

Prometheus Piston

Element standard gears

16 gauge wire from cheapbatterypacks.com

Mosfet with Breaking (I sell these units see my website for more info: http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/item-...aking-circuit/)

Reshimed

Lubed with dry Moly lube

Guarder High Speed Motor (about to swap out for a Guarder High Torque which was ordered friday)

Madbull M120 spring

Thunder Power 11.1v 2200mAh 3s 25c lipo pack (fits in the stock forgrip no problems even with my mosfet unit up there)

If you're looking for a good place to buy lipo's from, I highly recommend http://www.rclipos.com . Pat is awesome at customer service.

Let me know if you have any other questions about my setup.

I forgot to mention in my other reply that I upped the voltage in the box mag to 6v (added 2 AA batteries), so it would feed faster. I also added UV led's to get the tracer effect, and ordered a tappet plate delayer (by element) to increase feeding consistency

• 2 months later...

A freind of mine runs his A&K on a 10.8v Ni-MH and the only mods he made was to take the spring out and cut a couple of coils off to drop it to under 350fps and replacing the wiring with 16 guage silicone wire with deans connectors.

The box mag on the other hand is a whole different story.

• 3 months later...

Archived