Good G36 magazines

0nslaught

there are lots of brands of G36 magazines, so, if any of you have personal experience from the brands: MAG, CA, KA, TM, G&P, STAR

which of these has had the least amount of misfeeds, and are flawless? i might go to evike and pick up some midcaps, any suggestions?

I have: JG, Star, TM and CA

CA, I have locaps and hicaps. they're fine, very nice, but the clips that let them clip to each other is not tight enough, and will come apart if given a hard knock

TM: one hicap, works fine. Tight clip

JG: one hicap, works fine. Tight clip too

Star: one locap. not as good as CA locaps because the design of the bit that pushes the BBs up dont extend past the mag lip. CA's does, as a result Star mags always have a few BBs left unfired. Clip is tight.

Star: one locap. not as good as CA locaps because the design of the bit that pushes the BBs up dont extend past the mag lip. CA's does, as a result Star mags always have a few BBs left unfired. Clip is tight.

Good point, my STAR mags do that too. It's not a big deal but it can be a little annoying if you're trying tell the difference between full and empty mags (although my mag pouch=full, dump pouch=empty system is relatively foolproof!). I also had a JG hicap that was fine, although the winder was a little on the sharp side. Again not a big deal as I normally play with gloves, plus I dropped it on some concrete at my last skirmish and it exploded.

I've used magazines made by TM (lowcap), CA (lowcap), MAG (midcap) and STAR (midcap) in my G36-series rifles that I've owned. No other magazine has been flawless but TM. MAG magazines wear out in a year or two (out of my total 12 MAG magazines 4 operate anymore), CA had some compatibility issues and STAR was utter poo (different dimensions that other makers etc), glad I tried them before buying. No doubt I'd shell out the few more bucks and buy TM magazines that will last for years. Much cheaper in the long run.

This might be of some use to you;

http://airsoft.returners.org/articles/G36_Mags_Compendium/

I've got CA and Marui hi-caps, both work fine.

I regularly use MAG, Star and G&P mid-caps; I find the Star mags needed the spring working a few times (fill and empty the mag) to get them to feed properly, also don't fill to capacity, leave them 10-20 rounds short, I found this stopped them mis-feeding.

MAG midcaps have worked fine for me.

G&P mags have been ok after I did the mod described in the article above.

:devil:

Archived