Star M60 question

dark_patrol

A friend of mine has one. The gun is fairly light, especially if you're trying to match that of a CA/A&K M249. Things such as the top cover and the receiver are also plastic, makes it a bit lighter, but might turn people off as well.

In short:

Pros: Cheap airsoft M60, big, spacious box mag, super fast spring changes, very silent gearbox, much space in stock for battery

Cons: Mostly made out of plastic, hop-up chamber is via set-screw, gearbox is made out of plastic, barrel is wobbly even when screws are tightened up

Some things like the whole plastic gearbox ordeal, might sound unreliable. But my friend has had this running WAY beyond forum limits, on a 11.1v 25C Li-Po, just to test if the gearbox was up to it. Not sure about long term use though. The gears in the box mag + the box mag engine, are weak links. Already a gear is stripped, and the original motor has been fried.

Why not trying Inokatsu M60 series ? Best to check www.redwolfairsoft.com for Ino's M60E4

Pros : Good finishing, realistic marking, a superb piece, a lot of batt compartment in stock, available both in aluminum and steel version.

Cons : Pricey, boxmag 1300BB only

If you have a bit more budget, I suggest you take Inokatsu M60 series. Once you have one, you can always convert it to E3, E3 long, VN by buying the conversion kit only (barrel, hand guard and stock.. for aluminum one)

TOP M60 series is the alternative, but you have to install a new cylinder set for skirmishing. ANGS cylinder set and 140% spring is available from Dentrinity (www.dentrinity.com), I did also visit the store couple days ago. No box mag required as you will pour 1200BB once you open the top cover. Finishing is better than STAR M60.

VFC M60E4 is also ok, but the box mag is too huge.

Haven't heard about China made M60 series..

Well in fact the price stops me to buy it, I wish i could have an inokatsu one but the prob is the money.

Our team leader purchased a STAR M60E4 and it works nicely. The box mag wont feed reliably on a 9.6v battery though so consider using only an 8.4v battery. We have since rigged a way to use the Inokatsu box mag (took the nut off of the STAR mag and put it on the Inokatsu mag) and we can use a 9.6v sometimes. The gearbox hasent been opened (at my request....) and is still going strong about 9 box mags later (10k rounds). It truely is a nice bit of kit though simply because it isnt nearly as heavy as the real thing is and it shoots nice. The construction itself is pretty nice although I'm not a fan of how the outer barrel is attached it is functional and doesnt wobble too bad. My problem is I'm just to lazy to carry it around all day :) I'd rather have my M14!

Archived