Motorola TLKR T5

DarkLite

Righto, since I've come to the UK, I've read up a bit - and apparently you lot have some sort of PMR446 radio frequency thing which means I have to get a PMR446 radio.

So, is the Motorola TLKR T5 decent? All I require of it is that:

1) It works

2) It can take a ACM Bowman headset replica

3) Is small enough to shove into a fake SABER

Any input?

depends what plug the bowman has on it!

as to more general PMR questions...yes, it works...over short distances and there's only 8 channels. but if that's OK for your uses then good. I don't have any idea how much space is inside a fake saber.

I thought that under PMR446 there are only 8 channels available?

Im fairly sure that's what I said!

Yahs, but your post was inferring that there is something better - which I'm sure there is, but I'd be committing an offense.

Otherwise I'd have brought my Chinese radio with me, which cost about 20 quid and can pick up any signal from up to 5 miles, including Police, taxis and air-traffic control. :D

It seems like you could get in lots of tround by listening on Police or air-traffic control chanels

that wouldn't be an issue in the UK, where such radio whatsits have been converted to nifty digital ones.

however unlicensed public radio has a maximum broadcast power of .5w :(

Darklites Radio is probably about 5watts :(

BTW, do your Bowman replicas have two-pin plugs on? I've been looking into PMRs and headsets too, and I know the T5 only has a one-pin headphone output. A lot of cheap PMRs don't have support for external PTTs, but the T5 is a fairly good quality bit of kit so it should support the PTT on the Bowman (the headset has it's own PTT, right?).

Connecting the Bowman to the T5, however, could be another story! This adaptor may work - expensive for what it is, I know, but pretty much your only hope. :unsure:

Archived