Zoxna Airsoft Grenade.

greg

Hello, I managed to get my mits on this the other day & figured I'd post my feelings.

It's black metal, about 4"x2" & weighs just over a pound.

You shove gas (allegedly it's ok for co2) in it, load it with bb's, pull the pin & it goes 'pop' & chucks the bb's out again.

Now, on the face of it, this is good. The pop is more of a bang, & the bb's come out with way more force than a Tornado.

But:

Er, if I throw this thing, it is likely to dent the floor, let alone some poor suckers head. So that is out of the question.

So, what about a booby trap?

No.

The fuse (time after pulling pin) is either 7, or 14 seconds (with propane), so anyone setting off a trip wire would be long gone by the time it goes bang.

Also, fixing it to anything (tree, door frame etc) is almost impossible, due to it's construction.

So any one out there got an idea if this thing has any use in airsoft? :huh:

Greg.

Yes, the instructions suggest as much, with a note saying 'earthmines version: witha 12mmdiameterinside pipe' & 'tree mines version: with 2-6mm screwsthat have to be introduced in the cannons to fix the grenade on tree' :huh: What ever that means.

& as said, 7 or 14 second fuse? :huh:

If they made this thing half the weight, out of durable plastic it would be great!

Greg.

Personally I'd wreck the fuse system so it goes off instantly, then it'd be worthy as a booby trap :)

I've not seen one of these units in person but I'd hazard a guess that the fuse is a pressure chamber system; when triggered gas slowly leaks from the main tank into the fuse chamber, when the pressure gets high enough the unit detonates - should be a simple case of increasing the size of the flow.

Personally I'd wreck the fuse system so it goes off instantly, then it'd be worthy as a booby trap :)

I've not seen one of these units in person but I'd hazard a guess that the fuse is a pressure chamber system; when triggered gas slowly leaks from the main tank into the fuse chamber, when the pressure gets high enough the unit detonates - should be a simple case of increasing the size of the flow.

Nagh, the gas pressure pushes against a damper rod & at the end of it's travel, it opens the valve.

Shouldn't be too hard to cut a new notch into the rod, to reduce fuse time.

Actually that gives me an adea with the tornados, I could drill a new 'pin hole' to reduce the time on them as well!

Greg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If they made this thing half the weight, out of durable plastic it would be great!

time for a necropost! :D

perhaps someone should get in contact with vanras and see if they could do a POM version. apparently they're quite well in touch with their market and take suggestions :)

Archived