Darwin Awards: Your favorite

Falcon357

I think the best I've heard was one where a Young Prince was trying to get his (Fourteen year old! -_-) Wife pregnant and they couldn't figure out why, The doctors couldn't figure out why, as nothing was wrong with the girl...

Turns out the moron was putting it in the wrong hole. :D

(June 1999, California) Last summer down on Lake Isabella, in the high desert east of Bakersfield, a woman was having trouble with her boat.

No matter how she tried, she just couldn't get her new 22-foot Bayliner to perform. It was sluggish in every maneuver, regardless of the power applied. She tried for an hour to make her boat go, but finally gave up and putted over to a nearby Marina for help.

A topside check revealed that everything was in perfect working order. The engine ran fine, the outboard motor pivoted up and down, and the prop was the correct size and pitch.

One of the Marina guys jumped in the water to check beneath the boat. He came up almost choking on water, he was laughing so hard.

Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer.

I think the best I've heard was one where a Young Prince was trying to get his (Fourteen year old! -_-) Wife pregnant and they couldn't figure out why, The doctors couldn't figure out why, as nothing was wrong with the girl...

Turns out the moron was putting it in the wrong hole. :D

Wher'd you find that story

I found some suicide thing and found this very silly!

FAKE CAR BOMB

Time:      milliseconds

Available: explosive

Certainty: fairly good if enough explosive

Notes:    This is a modification of the basic use-explosives method. What

you do, is make a homemade car bomb, and drive off happily after

chatting with your neighbour about how well your life is going,

apart from a few minor death-threats from an Iraqi death-squad..

To confuse the authorities even more, have a note in your pocket

listing the telephone numbers of all the eastern foreign

embassies in your pocket, together with a little line of random

"code numbers" next to each.., and a random but large amount of

cash listed against each code number. :-) Oh yes, and a heavily

annotated copy of Jane's Defence Weekly - Xhosa edition.

The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 7:50 am, flashed a gun and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.

:lol:

I don't remember the link, but the story went like this.

A family from the UK was visiting over in the US, they rented a car.

They complained that the car worked fine at 10am, but that night around 8pm it stopped working. So the rental company picked it up and issued a new car.

Same problem.

The rental company came out and inspected the car, apparently the tourists thought D (drive) was for DAY and N (neutral) was for Night!

:lol:

:rofl:

We have an automatic anyway, so there's no problem making the conversion, besides driving on the wrong side of the road ;)

A serious question - in the US, at a 4-way crossroads with no lights, who has the right of way? We often get confused by this, only to get people parp their horn at us for not moving.

We have an automatic anyway, so there's no problem making the conversion, besides driving on the wrong side of the road ;)

A serious question - in the US, at a 4-way crossroads with no lights, who has the right of  way? We often get confused by this, only to get people parp their horn at us for not moving.

The Guy on the Right.

A serious question - in the US, at a 4-way crossroads with no lights, who has the right of  way? We often get confused by this, only to get people parp their horn at us for not moving.

I know, that's why it's funny, it's like they came from Mars, :lol:

I have yet to see a 4 way cross road without stop signs. With stop signs, it's whoever got there first.

So UK visitors have as much trouble with it as the people who live there? Nice! :D

Thing is see, we'd usually let them go before us, but when they start getting annoyed and hooting at you, then pull of quickly, you think you've done something wrong... :blink:

I'd have thought a four-way junction without traffic lights would be similar in operation to a roundabout in the UK.

i.e. if everyone arrives at the same time, and everyone is giving way to their right, then one of them is just going to have to bite the bullet and move.

My favourite Darwin Award is the guy who strapped jet engines to his car and then went for a drive. When he activated the engines, the car took off and smashed into the side of a big mountain, killing him instantly.

Archived