Paypal receiving limit

Handsome Pete

This might be off topic but since paypal is used for my sales and purchases of most thing airsoft i thought i'd put it here.

I received a payment yesterday evening which came through fine, however i had an email telling me this:

'In the past 12 months, you have received £650.00 GBP or more into your PayPal account.

This means you are on your way to approaching the £1,700.00 GBP annual receiving limit. This limit is put in place to allow us to comply with our applicable Anti-Money Laundering regulations.

If you do reach the annual receiving limit of £1,700.00 GBP you will no longer be able to withdraw or send money, fund transactions or close your account until you complete certain steps to lift your limit.

It is simple to complete the steps to lift your limit.'

It then tells me to follow a link below and complete the 'Steps to Remove Limitations'. However on following the link it just takes me to the resolution centre and no other links or 'steps' appear.

If anyone has had the same experience or can help me resolve this please let me know asap. Thanks in advance. cheers.

Once you reach the £1700 mark, they'll give you some stuff to do. You have to ring a number to confirm your telephone is legit, and give them bank details to set up a standing order. They then put two small amounts into your bank account (pence) and you have to tell them how much the amounts were to confirm those details. Once it's sorted, you can cancel the bank standing order. Did it myself a few years back. It's no biggy :)

I hope you didn't log in from the email though, because that could be a scam to get your password. Always log in on the official web page ;)

Archived