First Tactical (UK)

My advice is to either email (saving copy of sent message) or to leave a message on the mobile number on the website stating if no goods or refund is issued within 7 days days, action via small claims and/or credit/debit card charge back will commence. I noticed on the contact us section and even the T&C's, there was nothing like an address at all, not even for returning goods ect. On that point about T&C's, I noticed it saying they are in accordance with the Laws of the State of California (?) and yet "About US" says it's UK based - WTF?

Don't delay. Get the ball rolling ASAP as 3 weeks is taking the ######!

are they definately a uk based company? call 118118 with info you have, let them fill in the gaps... address etc.

pay them a visit in person - preferably on a saturday, when they are busy!

no shop likes a *suitcase* storm in front of other customers!

if nothing else, you will at least know if the credit crunch got them, or if they are still trading!

It's a web-based shop only as stated in the "About Us" section.

A WHOIS search via internetfrog indicates the .com site was registered in the UK (Warwickshire) but unfortunately it only appears to give the name of the company that made the website. Likewise for the .co.uk site as well.

I've just realised, they're saying on their website they are a limited company, therefore they are required by Law to display their geographic address/location.

Just done a search of Companies House records via webcheck. For any whingers out there, this information is part of the public domain.

Name & Registered Office:

FIRST TACTICAL LIMITED

2ND FLOOR

145-157 ST JOHN STREET

LONDON

EC1V 4PY

Company No. 06505087

Date of Incorporation: 15/02/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 28/02

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 15/12/2009

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 15/03/2009

I wouldn't bother contacting via the registered office as it looks like it's one of those virtual office things, but I'd imagine any letters sent would get forwarded onto First Tacticals real address which is probably a home address via the kitchen as a storeroom. I suppose with the registered office address, company number and name, you could try contacting your local Trading Standards Officer and explain that you cannot locate First Tacticals real address, Trading Standards should then (in theory) follow it up for you. Oh, and don't forget to mention the bit about them not displaying their company number AND geographical address. Also email First Tactical with this info as well. It might be enough to get their *albartroth* in gear.

Hope this helps.

Extra little bit regarding that non address and number malarky. Copied with Companies House website - http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gbf1.shtml#one

2. Must I show any other company details?

Yes. On all company’s business letters, order forms (in hard copy, electronic or any other form) and its websites, the company must show in legible lettering:

(a) the part of the United Kingdom in which the company is registered which is:

For Companies registered in England and Wales either:

* Registered in England and Wales; or

* Registered in England; or

* Registered in Wales; or

* Registered in London; or

* Registered in Cardiff.

For Companies registered in Scotland either:

* Registered in Scotland; or

* Registered in Edinburgh.

(B) the company’s registered number;

© the address of the company’s registered office.

If a business letter, order form or any of the company’s websites includes mentions more than one address, you should state which address is the registered office.

Archived