New Leshy suit from Jack Pyke

Bodgeups

Was up at North Weald Market on Saturday, and while perusing the Army Surplus stall there, I came across a very nice leshy suit from Jack Pyke. I couldn't haggle the guy down to a price I was happy with, and to be honest I'm glad I didn't.

It's brand new (released in the past few weeks) from Jack Pyke, and as of yet the only other place that you can buy it from is ebay. I've taken a gamble and bought myself a full set (with postage, the price came to £107). Fingers crossed it'll all turn up before the weekend, but I won't hold my breath.

It's currently available from wholesalers, so it won't be long before it hits the retail chain. But I'm an impatient bugger :rolleyes: . Direct link to the suit from one such wholesaler.

Initial hands-on inspection of the suit was quite an eye opener. My existing leshy suit, an X3M1, has fabric leaves with an obviously-artificial camouflage pattern sown into a mesh. The biggest problem I have with it is that the mesh is too light; it's taken 8 months of 'damping down' and constant use without being washed to get it to a colour that I find acceptable for my local site. However, the mesh on this Jack Pyke suit has the same 'English Oak' pattern that adorns the fake leaves - much better in my opinion. The pictures on the website I linked to are fairly accurate, and while the suit won't be perfect all year round, it's certainly going to look the part through the autumn/winter/early spring months when the ground is still quite brown and dank.

Once I've received my suit I'll write up a full review, and compare it alongside my existing suit.

sweet looking bit of kit.

have you had any jack pyke stuff before?

i have bits and bobs for shooting (shotguns and pidgeons) like head overs, cartridge belts ands bags etc

all of it is excellent value for money, and well made.

i look forward to your review as although i don't snipe in airsoft, i do lots of other shooting, and my ghillie suit needs replacing/fixing up.

No I haven't owned anything from Jack Pyke before, but when I fondled (ooer) the mesh of this suit at the market, it *felt* higher quality than my X3M1 suit.

Now that's probably subjective, and I won't know how good it is until I've received it, worn it, and played for a few games. But I've got high hopes that it'll serve my purpose :)

• 2 weeks later...

argh! it am leaf man!

looks quite nice would be good with some veggie hoops added i bet for autumn woodland gaming where there is alot of leaf on the floor. use the veggie hoops to add what other bush like plants that are still bout to break up the leaf pattern

Wow that looks great. I will probably buy some od or tan elastic material ad sew it onto my bdu's. On that last pic, i think that that would be a little too much natural vegetation for me, and any small movement would cause the vegetation on me to move. but that is all just my opinion. However, I REALLY like his setup. Great pics Bushman.

Wow that looks great. I will probably buy some od or tan elastic material ad sew it onto my bdu's. On that last pic, i think that that would be a little too much natural vegetation for me, and any small movement would cause the vegetation on me to move. but that is all just my opinion. However, I REALLY like his setup. Great pics Bushman.

I understand your thinking about being over the top. However, this pic was at the start line of a 30 hour solo FIELD HUNTEERING event and stop to recam is often not an option (it causes way too much movement/noise). So players take full advantage to get as much in as possible (as you are going to shed it with all the nav you have to do). Often players move quickly in the early stages of the game and this also increases the amount you shed. So you are best, adding too much and anticipating it will thin down.

Remember, his suit is mainly brown/leaf litter base and in the season shown, needed to be be well filled out with local foliage to blend into the greenery.

Also, note the second to last shot, was taken at the same time as bottom one. He has full kit for 30 hours including a sleeping bag/bivie bag, thermarest, etc...

here are some more from the same time.

2006_09106dayenduroevent0023.jpg

2006_09106dayenduroevent0021.jpg

Good Hunting ;)

Ahh i see now. Do you guys do the same with your rifles? Great pics!

Yeah, we use foliage on rifles, far more these days. Although, you don't over do your rifle cam and it is all placed precisely, to allow clear view for optics, etc. All this stuff is covered in the "STEALTH" DVD we are currently making :rolleyes: .

Good Hunting ;)

I do the same thing. In some of your pics of you in the field(older pics) i didnt see much natural veg. That is wht is asked. Any set release date on that vid? And have you ever thought about adding 3d leaf material to your concealment vest?

I do the same thing. In some of your pics of you in the field(older pics) i didnt see much natural veg. That is wht is asked. Any set release date on that vid? And have you ever thought about adding 3d leaf material to your concealment vest?

We have had lots of enquiries through YOUTUBE about the instructional STEALTH DVD. We Hope to get the DVD(s) out for around the XMAS period. There is alot still to do, despite already having enough edited footage for 2 discs.

I use my webtex vest with only a couple of extra bits tied on, as I like the fact it fits into a utility pouch (in its bag) when transporting it. Rememeber I do upto 7 days in the field and having things light and portable is key. The fact the suit is green isn't too bad a problem, as it just means you are encouraged to cover the entire thing. Many would disagree with our thinking of large amounts of foliage, covering as much as possible, but nothing is better than imitating foliage than actual foliage (espescially at closer ranges).

Good Hunting ;)

Archived