Advice on high rof MP5A5?

sgt.kicker

Well I decided to abandon my future M14 DMR project and instead go for a high rof MP5 for cqb since I play close quarters more often. This is what I have planned out so far (I won't begin at least until the end of January at the earliest, though). I'm hoping to have a gun with a rof of around 25rps and good reliability.

-JG MP5A5

-G&G 9.6v 1400mah nunchuck NiMH (switched to Deans)

-G&P M120 Ultra High Speed Motor *OR* Guarder Infinite Torque

-Systema Hop Up Bucking

-Prometheus Non-Liner Spring M90 *OR* Systema M100 spring

-Guarder High speed Ratio gear set

-ECHO 1 Oiless Steel Bushings

-Systema Precision Shim Set

-Systema Duracon piston head with bearings

-MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Barrel *OR* Systema Precision Barrel

I just started looking into this, so I'd really appreciate some advice about what parts to choose and which parts may not be needed. Money IS a concern, so I don't always need the absolute best part money can buy.

I'd say get the G&P motor and the MB barrel. Get a non-bearing piston head and a bearing spring guide instead to lighten the weight of the piston. I would also add a MOSFET to the list. The gears aren't necessary because with the G&P I was getting around 22rps. A tightbore wouldn't make much of a difference in CQB.

Discart the systema hop up bucking. a Deepfire, guarder or pometheus will do the job as well, or if lucky take a stock TM hop up.

Regarding the inner barrel, you want a certain range consistancy, I believe so forget the Systema here as well and look for a 6.02 from Deepfire.

Second the MB and G&P M120 HS motor. The Guarder HS gearset is also pretty good - I have a set in my MG36 and they're working great.

You don't necessarily need a new piston head - JG's good enough. As long as you do proper piston mods, you should be fine. Otherwise it looks like a good setup.

Archived