Zeroone

jollygreengiant

Or it might not... Has anyone else that has shopped with zero had an email through saying that they are making a new system where you can have your own account? Im worried at this point as to wether or not the email is genuine or not as it might have their adddress on it but the mail itself looks different to the other.....plz plz help

Is your mail reader interpreting HTML properly? That could explain why it's not rendering correctly and just showing code. My guess is that Z1 might not have optimised the mail for all mail readers.

Should look like:

z1.jpg

Post the header info here and we'll take a shufty.

:)

Welcome to Your Account at Zero One AirsoftTuesday, 23 December, 2008 11:40 AM

From: "Zero One Airsoft Ltd." <info@zerooneairsoft.com>Add sender to Contacts To: "xxxxx" <xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>

--=_3e98277b27820e19734459294187e090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear xxxxxx,Welcome to Zero One Airsoft!Your own personal account has been created and is now active on our system.We're currently developing a new, up to date web platform for our company and we are already using the back end of this system to process your order. Therefore, we have created an account for you now which you will be able to access when the front end of our brand new website is launched (not for some time yet though!). You can also login to www.soldierstuff.co.uk now using your new account and start shopping! Please keep your account details safe for future use.The email address attached to your account is xxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and your password is changeme. With our new platform, you will be able to: Access your own personal account online 24 hours a day, every day. Update your contact information, add delivery addresses to your account and manage your newsletter subscriptions. View your order history and print duplicate invoices. Track the status of your orders from start to finish, whenever and wherever you choose. Receive a text message when your order is shipped from our warehouse or your card is declined. Review your purchases in a few simple clicks with our 5 star rating system. Add items to your shopping basket and we'll remember what they are when you come back so there's no need to go hunting more than once for the same thing! In the meantime if you need anything, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you out.May we wish you a fantastic shopping experience and thank you for choosing to open an account with us!Kind Regards,Your Zero One Airsoft Team! Zero One Airsoft Ltd.Unit 9, Branksome Business ParkBourne Valley RoadPooleDorsetBH12 1DWOffice Tel: 01202 769614Tech Tel: 01202 769615Fax: 01202 757452Email: info@zerooneairsoft.com --=_3e98277b27820e19734459294187e090 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear xxxxxx,

Welcome to Zero One Airsoft!

Your = own personal account has been created and is now active on our system.

<= br>We're currently developing a new, up to date web platform for our compan= y and we are already using the back end of this system to process your orde= r. Therefore, we have created an account for you now which you will be able= to access when the front end of our brand new website is launched (not for= some time yet though!). You can also login to www.soldierstuff.co.uk now u= sing your new account and start shopping!

Please keep your account deta= ils safe for future use.

The email address attached to your account = is xxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk and your password is changeme.<= br>

=

With our new platform, you will be able to: =

Access your own personal account online 24 hours= a day, every day.

= Update your contact = information, add delivery addresses to your account and manage your newslet= ter subscriptions.

= View your order hist= ory and print duplicate invoices.

= Track = the status of your orders from start to finish, whenever and wherever you c= hoose.

= Receive a text message when you= r order is shipped from our warehouse or your card is declined.

= = Review your purchases in a few simple clicks with = our 5 star rating system.

= Add items to y= our shopping basket and we'll remember what they are when you come back so= there's no need to go hunting more than once for the same thing!

=

= =

In the meantime if you need anything, please don't h= esitate to get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you out.

= May we wish you a fantastic shopping experience and thank you for choosing = to open an account with us!

Kind Regards,

Your Zero One Ai= rsoft Team!

= Zero One Airsoft Ltd.

Unit 9, Branksome Busines= s Park

Bourne Valley Road

Poole

Dorset

BH12 1DW

Office T= el: 01202 769614

Tech Tel: 01202 769615

Fax: 01202 757452

= Email: info@zerooneairsoft.com

Is the entire email... knowing that the other zero email came through without the muck up and the spelling mistakes, im not completely sure.

This has been edited to show where the yahoo email reader stops (after first paragraph if you like) the rest is the email in exactly a block like that. It is probably nothing

i think what i shall do is get a bank statement. see how much is in there because ive also ordered some things off scotland so im gonna get that sorted before i phone them. That way i can come to a better conclusion

And as for screenshotting it, it goes on for about 2 pages

and it isnt working for some reason.

I have edited the email to show where the email itself starts. Just look at the bottom of that post to see

I've made a few orders with them in the last few weeks and every email I've had from them has had problems with the encoding. From the email message you've posted above, it seems you have the exact same problem I have. I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird rather than Outlook Express, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

As for the new account system email, I've not had one of those yet, but it does look genuine enough.

yeh sorry about the no print screen. Cant get it to do what i want im afraid. Would you believe this computer doesnt have any word processing facilites more complex than notepad... Dont have the money for word this month, too busy gary gordon-ising my gun. Not on purpose though, its just a coincidence they look the same. If other people are getting the same errors then im not going to worry too much, it is just that when they sent that email there was nothing on the site to back it up.

Give um a quick call and check, they are a friendly bunch! :D

Best give 'em a call

give um a quick call. Clear it up with them direct mate.

Give them a phone call and check?

You made this thread to ask for help. 4 people have told you what to do. In the 30 minutes between your posts you could of called them and cleared this all up!

facepalmlk3.jpg

- Mav

yeh Im not gettign why theres such a concern - its not as though its an email asking you to 'give us all your bank details, online banking passwords, date of birth and shoe size'

Just a notification that obscure shop X which 99.9 percent of the net will never have heard of (hardly a good candidate for a phishing scam) is now introducing a customer accounts system and has set you up with a login based on your email address and a default password that you can change as and when it finally goes live.

Archived