China AK74M

ErikBobbo

I'm looking to get a AK74M for a modern russian kit, and I'm wondering which to get. I want one with good external quality, and hopefully decent internals too. Not afraid to change a couple of parts, but I don't want to spend to much to get it working. I'm looking at the Kalash and CYMA, but I can't decide which to get. Anyone with any experience? Would be best if it had the solid, foldable stock, and shoots just below 350, but I'm willing to sacrifice that if the rest is good.

Let me offer a second opinion. The dboys ak 74 is also awesome, it is full steel (not pot metal), and is a clone of a VFC (500 dollar gun). It strips like the real thing, and requires only 2 screws to take out the mechbox! CYMA strips like the TM, and takes longer.

Both are great guns, you should be fine with both. But personally, I would go with dboys. My AK74 has been a great performer so far, and is rock solid. My friends are all surprised when I tell them how much I paid for it.

EDIT: Just checked out the CYMA, and it looks like a VFC clone as well. Quality might be slightly better than the dboys as well, I would go with the CYMA if it is a VFC clone.

EDIT2: Been reading some reviews, this is interesting. The dboys and CYMA seem quite similar in the quality department- both have pros and cons. For those of you who support the CYMA, what makes it better? From my initial glance, I would pick whichever one has the lower price.

The CYMA has, in my opinion, slightly better internals, and the metal hopup helps alleviate some of the DBoys hopup issues (flex, breakage, etc). The CYMA also has a steel stock catch and a much more solid grip construction/features - no grip or stock wobble what so ever.

The Dboys is not very good. The Dboys AK74U steel version is steel, the others are not they are pot metal.

The CYMA is a much better gun all around. It's much better finished and the internals are better. I'd go with the CYMA if you want a great investment. The Dboys honestly looks like it could brake pretty easily.

Slander! I use my ak primarily as a loander gun, one of my friends even slammed it against a wall. It still works 100 percent.

There are however, a bunch of small problems that get annoying. Namely:

Wobbly front sight stick (not the whole sight, the whole sight is very solid. The metal rod that is actually used to aim, inside the hood)

People complain of breaking bolts (usually a problem with shipping)

Also, my flash hider threads stripped very easily.

I would also get the CYMA, but the dboys is far far far from a mediocre gun. Its one of the better ACM guns I have handled.

The Dboys is not very good. The Dboys AK74U steel version is steel, the others are not they are pot metal.

no, they're a mix. the reciever, reciever cover, selector, muzzle break and stock are all steel.

still, get the NEW cyma (make sure it's the new one, the CM.40D)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going for the Cyma. Any reccomended upgrades? Hop + barrel maybe?

cymas come with a 6.04mm tightbore stock. just clean it out as sometimes they can be full of grease and *suitcase*. possibly chuck in some guarder hop up rubber (soft silicone is probably best unless you plan to keep it over 400 odd FPS) as thats always an improvement.

other than that, not really any upgrades you need. most of the parts that folks will upgrade on a TM for example are already upgraded (bushings, barrel, gears etc)

• 1 month later...

Archived