Few Q's about the M1014 tilting stock

rhino

read the review in the review database on the G&P Benelli tilting M1014 shotgun stock and just wanted to confirm something - mainly - with the clone version of the M1014 shotgun. I know that the G&P tilting stock required you to cut part of the actual Benelli shotgun (where the full stock fits onto the actual gun) Now my question is this: on the clone M1014 shotgun, can the tilting stock be taken off and put on a standard Benelli shotgun (full size or shorty) without any cutting to the bit that sticks out the gun? Also, can the shotgun be used without the tilting part of the stock? Reason i'm asking is that i've heard a few rumours that the tilting stock part is prone to snapping, so if that's the case could i use it as a standard pistol grip or would the grip not stay on without the locking bar? Pics and info if and where possible would be great

cheers all :)

I had a bit of a nosey at the clone stock a whyle back, i never got to take it off, or apart so i cant answer most of your questions however:

IIRC, the moving part of the stock can be removed without impairing the grip part. it can certainly be used with the stock folded, so why not just do that?

well i saw somewhere (can't remember at the mo) that there was a version released on an American website that just had the pistolgrip from the tilting stock but not the actual stock on it if you catch my drift and it looked strange but kinda right at the same time. Just wanted the added option if i wanted to take the stock off IF i don't have to get the hacksaw out to chop parts off my standard Benelli just to fit it.

EDIT: Found a LINK

If you're talking about the DE ones, there's a guy who plays at my local site who's stock tube came off cause the bolt came loose and he's been running it fine without it till he can get an allen key long enough to put it back.

That's good news, cheers for that. Had a look on my full stock model and the lugs the same length as the shorty model's. Does anyone have a picture of both the M1014 and the standard benelli (shorty or long) without the grips on?

no probs. Took the stock off mine just to see what it looked like and after reading Joeking's review was wondering if the M1014 version was already cut or if DE had managed to get round it somehow (i know that the budget JT3 shotgun pistolgrips and full stocks are interchangable with the DE shell Benelli clones)

Archived