Marushin M500 8mm shotgun Fill valve leaks

SniperSidd

I bought a Marushin M500 8mm shotgun second hand and the fill valve leaks something fierce.

in fact its this part right here http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...0NO96_srch_m500

the problem is its leaking THROUGH the valve and not around it.

I am hoping to be able to find a replacement for it. but I have been unable to do so yet.

I heard a rumor that its the same valve that is in the Glock Mag but the person didnt say what brand or size :(

Has anyone out there had this problem? how did you fix it?

also btw if anyone has a spare set of the ghost ring sights they are willing to part with please let me know

Fill valve from any KWA 17, 18c will fit.

To salvage your current valve.

1. Purchase some "Food grade" silicone from a hardware store, or airsoft approved silicone spray from a online store.

2. Discharge the gun until it is empty, making sure there are NO gas or bb's inside.

3. Spray some rite onto the top of the valve, about a 1 second burst.

4. Use a very small screwdriver and push down gently on the fill valve 2-3 times.

5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 about 6 times.

6. Refill with gas, listen for leaks.

If it still leaks, replace the valve.

If it does not, always leave some gas in the gun when storing.

If you have a leak of hiss from the down the barrel:

1. Purchase some Paslode nailgun oil from a hardware store, or airsoft approved silicone oil from an online store.

2. Discharge the gun until it is empty, making sure there are NO gas or bb's inside.

3. Remove the fill valve with a flat head screwdriver.

4. Put about 8-10 drops into the fill chamber.

5. Reinstall the fill valve.

6. Fill with gas.

7. Discharge or dry-fire until all the gas is gone.

8. Refill with gas, listen for leaks.

If it still leaks repeat from step 3. Always leave some gas in the when storing.

Never leave a Gas gun loaded with bb's.

///ed///

i found this on a acm m500 it leaks bang in the center of the stike hammer to look at it there are no holes gas it up and then you see the gas spewing out. wierd i no

i sent it back this morning

bloody post office expencise to send a parcel that will get there in a poor state its stupid

You sure it is the fill valve? there is a pressure release valve almost next to it, and that just needs to be filled with glue to use with green gas.

I have taken both the ACM and marushin M500 apart and the ACM is to cheaply made in some places, the marushin is perfect, but priced a bit to highly, and they both share a stupid barrel mount.

Archived