Can you guys help me make my mind up?

leon_london

Ok I have the choice of both of these for practically the same price, I really like both of them but cant make my mind up, your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, Type 96 comes with...

Teflon Cylinder, Cylinder Head, Spring Guide, Piston, Piston Head Mostly laylax. Bipod, tasco 3-9 x 40, 2 mags plus all the original internals.

Tanka M700 comes with...

1 mag, Pantac cheek piece, Harris bipod, gag hop rubbers, pcs bolt and mojji killer elite scope 3-9x40.

Both are in good condition.

I dont have any experience with gas rifles and from what I have read the M700's aren't the most begginer freindly but I guess you have to start somewhere right?

Cheers for looking,

Leon

Well i know the guy selling the M700, and he is quite frankly the god of gas guns, i wouldn't be surprised if it was the best gas rifle you can buy without paying stupid money, if not, it will definitely be the best cared for... and he's a really nice guy, so buy his... lol

fair enough, they can be VERY fiddly to set up, but when running well they are long range monsters. mine will go 100 yards, legally.

not trying to sway your decision, as i have no experience of gas rifles, just telling you what i know!

I have both , a tanaka m700 ltr with pax hop setup and a very upgraded L96

Both are very differnt but perform the same , the gas is better suited for warmer days the spring colder days ,but has the heavier bolt pull () thanks to a 170 spring )

Both do around 550 fps and have hit targets 85+ metres away with .36bbs and above ,both weigh around the same ,

If i was going out on a limb here ,i would say the L96 as the tanakas take a lot more work and time to get shooting right ,but for build quality and the joy a properly set up gas rifle can bring its tanaka all the way

If your a novice L96

If you have money to burn and time to spend on a rifle M700

Or your after a cost effective cheap s**ts and giggles sniper go and buy a bar 10

Cheers for the input guys, I think I'll go for the Type 96. Only think i can think it may need is a Tighter inner barrel and possibly the vanishing silencer.

Ohh and some barrel spacers I guess.

Anything else it may need judging from that list?

Zero trigger maybe to lighten the bolt pull?

Does anyone in th UK sell Edgi barrels or do they all have to be ordered from the US?

How much are you selling it for again?

And might you be able to ship to the U.S.?

I would go for the L96, i have only had troubles with mine, even with a great co2 unit(Cold shot is awsome and you should get it if you have any type of gas rifle!!!!).

Scar

£440 all in - which seems reasonable for the UK market (I do have a thread on here advertising it) The longer it stays in my possession the more i want to just hold on to it, so if i have enough money after getting paid tomorrow i might just do that, and keep it until my back improves.

Posting it to the US would maybe cost a 'tiny' bit for you though. However, your currency is kicking our *albartroth*, so it might not be THAT expensive.

Archived