TM DE .50AE hardkick

l3lairf0urn3y

Don't actually own one of these myself but from all I've heard I'd suggest an upgrade to the loading nozzle before you do anything else.

Other than that a tightbore barrel and if you feel it's needed then an enhanced hop up.

That's about the same for most gbb's, normally a good way to improve.

Cheers

thanks guys, i think im gonna get a PDI tightbore barrel, therefore i can use green gas which is a plus, just curious if green gas will crack the slide or anything because thats what most people worry about since the slide is plastic. Also, would propane be acceptable at any point? like high flow valves and all that *suitcase* i dont know much about this stuff hah thanks again

Propane = green gas. And you don't need anything to run the DE stock on propane/green gas. The tightbore barrel does not do anything besides giving you more accuracy and power.

Now, having owned 2 TM Desert eagles before, I'd recommend getting the guarder metal body kit. I blew out both of my slides over a year of constant use with propane. Think 200-300 rounds a weekend.

The plastic on TM guns really suck IMO. It's cheesy looking and fragile to impacts after awhile. The guarder metal kit is pricy, think $240 in the US, but it'll look great, and the DE kicks like a SOB so it would make the thing last longer.

I'd recommend recoil springs as well as the tightbore. High flow valves I'd pass on, since the thing already chrono's at 350 FPS in good weather. The max I ever had mine chrono stock was a massive 380 FPS on propane and KSC .20. This was 90 degree weather, but still. The tightbore will help a lot more with gas guns then with an AEG so you'll get a noticeable power increase.

Other than that I don't really thing there's much else you should upgrade personally. I'd just buy a ###### load of magazines and enjoy. I had 5, but really you could do with about 8 if it's your main gun.

Propane = green gas. And you don't need anything to run the DE stock on propane/green gas. The tightbore barrel does not do anything besides giving you more accuracy and power.

Now, having owned 2 TM Desert eagles before, I'd recommend getting the guarder metal body kit. I blew out both of my slides over a year of constant use with propane. Think 200-300 rounds a weekend.

The plastic on TM guns really suck IMO. It's cheesy looking and fragile to impacts after awhile. The guarder metal kit is pricy, think $240 in the US, but it'll look great, and the DE kicks like a SOB so it would make the thing last longer.

I'd recommend recoil springs as well as the tightbore. High flow valves I'd pass on, since the thing already chrono's at 350 FPS in good weather. The max I ever had mine chrono stock was a massive 380 FPS on propane and KSC .20. This was 90 degree weather, but still. The tightbore will help a lot more with gas guns then with an AEG so you'll get a noticeable power increase.

Other than that I don't really thing there's much else you should upgrade personally. I'd just buy a ###### load of magazines and enjoy. I had 5, but really you could do with about 8 if it's your main gun.

thanks a lot, i really appreciate the feedback, i have 4 clips, its my primary gun seeing as im just getting into this *suitcase*, but ill prob grab 2 or 3 more, i think im gonna throw a tightbore barrel, and recoil springs and run it on 134a for a while, then when i get some dough stacked up, look in to a guarder kit to handle propane, thanks again boys

I would get the enhanced feeding nozzle, as someone else pointed out. Pdi 6.01 inner barrel and possibly hi flow valves for the mags altho they may reduce the longevity of the gun I guess since your doing more powerful harder kicking shots each time?

I have heared mixed reviews on the guarder metal bodys but I have never seen or used them before.

I would get the enhanced feeding nozzle, as someone else pointed out. Pdi 6.01 inner barrel and possibly hi flow valves for the mags altho they may reduce the longevity of the gun I guess since your doing more powerful harder kicking shots each time?

I have heared mixed reviews on the guarder metal bodys but I have never seen or used them before.

hey guys i cant find any PDI 6.01mm tightbore barrels specifically for my gun and ive googled for hours, if anyone knows a site or anything id appreciate it, also, what % recoil springs? and are those gun dependant or universal

thanks again guys sorry for noob questions

X-fire is PDI's store. They should have it in stock. Here's a link: X-Fire

With recoils springs you generally only want to upgrade when you have to (ie your action is sluggish). Uprated recoil springs are less efficient which is why you don't use them if they are not necessary.

With recoils springs you generally only want to upgrade when you have to (ie your action is sluggish). Uprated recoil springs are less efficient which is why you don't use them if they are not necessary.

thanks good looks, cept i cant order from china or wherever the *fruitcage* this is lol, any local US sites or even UK, ill forget the recoil springs for now, where can i grab an enhanced feeding nozzel for this gun too?

oh also, would it matter that mine is te .50ae hardkick? cause the site just says tm de

thanks good looks, cept i cant order from china or wherever the *fruitcage* this is lol, any local US sites or even UK, ill forget the recoil springs for now, where can i grab an enhanced feeding nozzel for this gun too?

Why can't you order from overseas? If you want decent GBB parts you will be hard pressed to find them in the US. Sites like X-Fire are used to shipping international. Actually, I find that I get my international packages quicker and easier than from stateside sites.

Why can't you order from overseas? If you want decent GBB parts you will be hard pressed to find them in the US. Sites like X-Fire are used to shipping international. Actually, I find that I get my international packages quicker and easier than from stateside sites.

ill try overseas, problem is, i dont have a paypal acct, and would much rather credit card it, also, any ideas on where to get an enhanced loading nozzle? i really appreciate the help guys i have no idea what the tits im doing

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/parts_gas.htm

Look on this page, you'll find what you seek. Don't upgrade the loading nozzle unless your's breaks, it'll be fine. I highly recommend running the DE on green/propane, it really makes a difference. I used mine a lot, your's will be fine for a good amount of time.

You don't have to upgrade the recoil springs, but honestly the DE isn't the fastest cycling gun on the planet. It will help the slide return to battery faster and let you get more shots off faster if you need to.

AEX and airsoftatlanta both have the most gas gun related upgrade parts in the US. ASGI has some, but I hate dealing with them.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/parts_gas.htm

Look on this page, you'll find what you seek. Don't upgrade the loading nozzle unless your's breaks, it'll be fine. I highly recommend running the DE on green/propane, it really makes a difference. I used mine a lot, your's will be fine for a good amount of time.

You don't have to upgrade the recoil springs, but honestly the DE isn't the fastest cycling gun on the planet. It will help the slide return to battery faster and let you get more shots off faster if you need to.

AEX and airsoftatlanta both have the most gas gun related upgrade parts in the US. ASGI has some, but I hate dealing with them.

ahhh good looks, so the PDI 6.01 is good for this gun? some say .03 just curious as to ur personal opinions, also, im sure green/propane is sick, but i dont want my slide to crack, so u think im better off waiting till iget a metal slide to use propane? also, the one i found on atlantairsoft, it doesnt specify if its ompatible to use with DE .50ae hardkick, curious if anyone knows, thanks again

Personally having used a PDI 6.01mm barrel in my 1911, yeah buy it. It makes the gun very accurate. You could go either way, but the PDI barrel is the higher quality.

As long as you don't go really crazy then use propane. I cracked my slide because I used the gun in 90 degree weather with a plastic slide and propane. I used the gun all day and put at least 30 magazines through the gun. It cracked within 2 weeks of me doing that. I don't know if you know, but the DE has an internal metal slide that stands up fine, just at the front of the slide where it touches the barrel.

Even after it breaks you can use the gun, I used mine with a crack slide for about 2 months since I was too broke at the time to pick up a new one. At the time my only option was buying a TM slide for $60, and I'm sorry I'm not paying $60 for a plastic slide.

It'll be fine, if you're really worried you could mount a piece of rubber inside the slide to reduce the shock to the slide.

Personally having used a PDI 6.01mm barrel in my 1911, yeah buy it. It makes the gun very accurate. You could go either way, but the PDI barrel is the higher quality.

As long as you don't go really crazy then use propane. I cracked my slide because I used the gun in 90 degree weather with a plastic slide and propane. I used the gun all day and put at least 30 magazines through the gun. It cracked within 2 weeks of me doing that. I don't know if you know, but the DE has an internal metal slide that stands up fine, just at the front of the slide where it touches the barrel.

Even after it breaks you can use the gun, I used mine with a crack slide for about 2 months since I was too broke at the time to pick up a new one. At the time my only option was buying a TM slide for $60, and I'm sorry I'm not paying $60 for a plastic slide.

It'll be fine, if you're really worried you could mount a piece of rubber inside the slide to reduce the shock to the slide.

alright thanks again, i guess ill go with a PDI 6.01 barrel, no recoil springs or anything, then eventually throw a metal slide on to use propane, curious as to anyone knows if they sell like just a metal slide, not a whole body kit and everything, also, mr.hyde, do u know if the DE PDI barrel on atlantaairsoft is compatable with the hardkick, thanks again everyones been very helpful

Yes it is. Parts for the old TM DE have not been made in quite sometime.

As for just a metal slide, guarder may have one out, but all I've seen is full body kit. Personally I'd prefer the whole gun to be metal. Check out the HK retailers to see if one besides the ZEKE kit is around.

I'll check in a bit and see.

Yes it is. Parts for the old TM DE have not been made in quite sometime.

As for just a metal slide, guarder may have one out, but all I've seen is full body kit. Personally I'd prefer the whole gun to be metal. Check out the HK retailers to see if one besides the ZEKE kit is around.

I'll check in a bit and see.

thanks again bro, lemme know if u find anything ill be looking too

hey i found a Guarder Aluminum Slide & Frame for my gun for 226 off wgcshop, worth getting? and if so, since ill have it and use green gas with it, would i need the enhanced feeding nozzle and recoil springs etc?

hey actually i found it off evike.com for 200! wondering if u think i should get it, and if i do, what other upgrades do u think ill need to run it on green gas? or, do u think i hould just get the PDI barrel, use 134a and call it a day?

Well will the upgraded slide and frame increase the reliability? Why not just get the other upgades which will increase the performance first and get the body and slide if something breaks?

it does increase reliability, and 200 bucks is en effing steal for that kit, so i either just do the tightbore with hfc134a, or, get the metal body kit for propane, but i still need to know what other upgrades id need for propane besides the metal body

Archived