Buttstock Magazine Pouch for <$10

Zman

So i was looking at pics that my bro took in Iraq, and i noticed that practically every guy in his platoon had mag pouches on their M4 stocks. So i decided to get one. except, but i decided to do it cheap (ASGI has them for $28). Using the same concept, i took a Condor m4 mag pouch, slit three sets of holes in the back, and wired 3 black zip-ties to fasten it to my M4 stock (below). I had to cut off some of the MOLLE (it was in the way), but that just requires scissors. The Mag pouch cost me $8 at Airsoftatlanta, and the 3 zip-ties were way under $2 (the pack of 8 was about $3).

pretty simple, and in my opinion it looks just as good as the regular buttstock mag pouches. feed back?

0325092244.jpg

<br>

0325092233.jpg

Nice simple little job/mod ;)

What's the thinking behind having a stock mag-pouch?

Is it for when they are prone?

I presume they never go anywhere without a full vest or other mag carrying set-up?

I did the same with a pistol holster once.

I'd forgotten to take my belt, first skirmish I ever went to, so I just strapped the holster to the stock on my Thompson.

It worked really well.

Nice simple little job/mod ;)

What's the thinking behind having a stock mag-pouch?

Is it for when they are prone?

I presume they never go anywhere without a full vest or other mag carrying set-up?

I did the same with a pistol holster once.

I'd forgotten to take my belt, first skirmish I ever went to, so I just strapped the holster to the stock on my Thompson.

It worked really well.

Thanks

the idea is that you always have a readily-available mag. my brother and his buddies used them after they had used all the other mags in their vest/rig. They also found it slightly calming that if their base is ambushed when they're not geared up, they had 60 rounds of ammo, instead of just 30.

i never thought about the whole prone idea, but that makes sense too.

I only use Lo/Mid caps, so if I'm going prone and expecting a bit of a prolonged fire-fight, I take a couple of mags out of my vest (or whatever I'm using) and lay them down close to hand.

To be honest, I'd have thought some sort of 'ready-mag' would be more useful in the real world... :unsure: ?

I guess using both at once would be another option. ;)

Thinking about it, you could strap a pouch on in any number of different positions, depending on the gun in question; foregrip, carry-handle, bi-pod, rail etc...

I only use Lo/Mid caps, so if I'm going prone and expecting a bit of a prolonged fire-fight, I take a couple of mags out of my vest (or whatever I'm using) and lay them down close to hand.

To be honest, I'd have thought some sort of 'ready-mag' would be more useful in the real world... :unsure: ?

I guess using both at once would be another option. ;)

Thinking about it, you could strap a pouch on in any number of different positions, depending on the gun in question; foregrip, carry-handle, bi-pod, rail etc...

thats a good point. however, a pouch fits pretty good on the stock opposite of your cheek, with little interference. on a grip or the fore grip it might be obtrusive

Well I did say '...depending on the gun in question...' ;)

On an M16 with the incredibly long foregrip for instance, there'd be room, or if you used a vertical foregrip on anything short(er).

I used a mag pouch on my MP7's front-right rail (for a large battery) for a long time, wasn't a problem really.

So are you going to share your Brother's pictures with us then? ;)

P.s. I love they way your M4 body is painted to match your rug :lol:

i'll have to ask him if its alright. but at his FOB he only gets internet once every 1 or 2 days

I forgot to praise this the first time it went around. That looks really pro, and I like the paintjob. If I had something with an LE stock I'd definitely do this. Perfect for people who don't want to carry alot into the field.

thanks. well it was a paintjob, but then i tried to remove it, and got that look (which i like)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived