G36c Silencer adapter

Dickens

Hi guys, just a quick question. Ive bought a +14/-14mm silencer off my mate today. I got this for my JG G36c but i didnt know that the G36c use's a different thread size to the standard 14mm and i need an adapter. Ive seen them for around the £15 mark but i dont want to pay that for an adapter, so does any one know where i can get one pretty cheap.

Thanks guys, any help will be appreciated.

Dickens

I dont know mate : ( ive tried fitting both the 14- and the 14+ and either side doesnt fit (the silencer thread slips over the G36 barrel). So my guess is that it needs a thread adaptor like this one

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...p;id=KAADG36C02

But ive only seen them for between £15 and £18 which is a tad expensive.

This is the silencer i have bought

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...?idProduct=2121

And its for a JG G36c, come guys i need this adapter cheaper : )

mate , I think the problem you are having is that the JG's thread is under sized (I've had this problem before)

easy answer- wrap a turn or 2 of insulating tape (NOT gaffa tape!)tightly around the thread on the gun and screw on the silencer (14mm anti clock end)

even my CA36 thread was too small, and the JG scorpion wayyyyyy small , but a little tape will make up the difference.

The tolerances on both silencer ( think I have the same one as you by the way) and outer barrel are pretty naff, so you get a lot of situations like this , or the other way round (I have a 14mm + metal outer for my TM glock thats very tight in the same silencer)

Jim

(cheap enough for you ? )

it is a common problem on the jg and most clones, just a quality control issue, sometimes there can be too much paint or other material which clogs the thread and sometimes the first 2/3 turns have been miscast/damaged its just a case of trial and error but as stated above try some electrical tape, sometimes the easy fix is the best one.

How do you think a -14mm adaptor will thread in if a silencer with the same thread won't? :P

I thought the thread on the inside of the adaptor would of been to suit a G36 barrel (wether it be 13mm or 13.5mm im not sure but it sure aint 14mm) and then the thread on the outside would have been to suit a standard silencer i.e.14mm

Right, i have bucket loads of PTFE (pipe thread seel) tape at work ill use that :)

Cheers guys.

EDIT: Just tried it and it works pretty well :) , thanks again guys. The best things in life a free indeed.

You're missing the point here Dickens, the thread on the barrel should be 14mm, but due to poor manufacturing techniques it's actually come out smaller.

An adaptor will have 14mm internal threads, same as the silencer, so you'll have the same problem.

Anyway, you won't find an adaptor with the same thread at both ends (i.e. CCW-CCW or CW-CW) as there's no need for them. ;)

The only way you could maybe do it would be to make an adaptor and not tap the internal thread fully (i.e. use a second-cut tap and stop it short), so the thread would be tighter than normal.

Sounds like you've sorted it anyway...

If it doesn't last, give me a PM ;)

I understood what they ment Docv400, i was informing them that my particular barrel wasnt 14mm. I know the standerd is 14mm but i wasnt sure wether it was different or not lol This is confussing me now. Any who its sorted now, i have plenty of tap's at work but the tape idea seems to work fine and dandy. Cheers

Hi guys, just a quick question. Ive bought a +14/-14mm silencer off my mate today. I got this for my JG G36c but i didnt know that the G36c use's a different thread size to the standard 14mm and i need an adapter. Ive seen them for around the £15 mark but i dont want to pay that for an adapter, so does any one know where i can get one pretty cheap.

Thanks guys, any help will be appreciated.

Dickens

The G36c uses a 14mm thread

KingKrispy21

Archived