How to remove the optics from a G36 scope rail?

Hedganian

If it's the same as the one my housemate has, the optic should just push out. There may be a couple of set screws holding it in place, but they should be simple to spot.

Just give it a push and see if it budges, really. Can't imagine that the G&P one would be much different, just built better!

There appear to be screws coming up from inside which are holding the rail on the top. I can't see anything holding the scope itself in (you'd have to take the scope out to be able to screw the 20mm rail, if you get what I mean)

I've tried pushing and turning (it won't turn) the scope tube but haven't got anywhere. I guess they may have glued it in place.

In case you're wondering, the reason I need to do this because the front (objective) lens on the cheapsoft scope has come loose and is rattling around inside the scope, making it useless. I need to take the tube out and fix it.

If I can figure it out, I might swap the optics between my G&P rail and the Star dual-optic rail which has crappy blurry scope optics....

i have found the way to do it:

at the back of the scope, there'll be a c-ring set into a groove. remove this delicately. unscrew the adjustment screws a good amount, so that the tube is clear of them.

then remove the rubber-thing from the front - it's a slide fit so just wedge something nice and thin between the sides and lever it out gently. take care not to tear it.

with that removed, you ought to be able to see the small spring - it'll be opposite the two adjustement screws. remove it with pliers/tweezers, taking care not to crush it.

with the spring removed, the scope-tube should be able to wobble about freely within it's housing. at this point, you can just slide it free - it comes out eye-piece first. thereshould be no obstructions to remove it, so slide it gently.

Archived