The Men Who Stare At Goats

Fuser

A month ago Basho posted a review of a novel by Jon Ronson called 'The Men Who Stare At Goats'. It's a book about parapsychology warfare in the 1970's; read the review for the full story.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon a trailer for a movie that seems to be an adaptation of the book, starring George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, and Kevin Spacey. I hadn't heard anything about this movie until now.

Could be interesting, the preview is definitely worth a watch:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/...hostareatgoats/

Ah the book is brilliant and utterly ridiculous.

It's all about the CIA and SF trying to turn soldiers into Jedi Knights, Trying to get them to use the power of the mind to influence opponents.

It's got lots about the use of Psywarfare.

It's great because it's so utterly messed up, there is a bit in an episode of The Unit where they do reference it, which was nice.

The weird thing is that it's actually my girlfriends book and she got me onto it.

I can't imagine how this would transfer to film though, it would be like the military version of Fear and Loathing.

Havn't read the book but goddamn I had a totally straight face through that trailer, which sucks cause it has a cast and subject I like. If I watched the movie it would probably ###### me off and I'd waste my money, oh well.

edit

seriously, I was expecting *fruitcage* Lee Evans or somebody to turn up, people running in to walls or missing a bed when jumping off the roof stopped being funny sometime after the silent film era.

Archived