Suggestions on a soft tactical vest

Cosmitz

Hey people,

The last few months i've been getting weary of taking my Land-CIRAS out to games mostly due to its bulk and the fact that i've been changing my playstyle to a 'use less ammo' approach, making the extra mag-carrying capacity useless. Recently i've been to a game and tried a soft-vest that a mate brought along and the flexibility and body-fit effect it offered was something that greatly eased my playing. So as such, i've started searching for a good vest of that type.

The thing is that i have certain requirements that i want from it. It has to be light, flexibile, non-plate-carrier/non-tactical-load-carry, with a full complement of molle on front/back, and preferably in multicam or multicam-compatiblity colors like tan/sand or at least CB/OD if nothing else. Also, while i do prefer quality, i'm on a tight budget, so some 150$ max with shipping.

For starters i've spotted the Camelbak Delta 5 vest, but the fact that it does not offer anykind of side-molle, replacing them with the adjustment straps, and also coming in just Digital Desert and Coyote Brown, takes me a bit off it.

I've also spotted a clone of it i think, in 'multicam' on ebaybanned, the "3E style delta VEST number 6" (lol), but it seems like it's lacking the 'integrated' Camelbak reservoir spot and has the same problem of no side-webbing.

That's just what i saw so far, i'll gladly accept any other suggestions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARAMEDIC-Combat-Tacti...DefaultDomain_0

I have just owned that one vest. Though it has been passed through several hands and still looks as if it came straight from the factory. Many of my friends have tried it and love it. It has no molle but the design of the vest is so brilliant that i haven't wanted to move any single pocket. It is so brilliant right from the manufacturer. But still... It is kinda expensive but then again. It will cost you more for a molle vest and the pockets.

DrKalinka > Indeed it is a bit expensive, but i wanted the molle since besides the holster which is web-mounted, i also have a few unique pockets that i use.

DarkLite> Wow, that's exceptional. Both as price and as molle-real-estate, thou i'll have to route my pockets around the dual-zipper somewhat. It looks really good and it's at the top of my list atm. Do you think you can give me an estimate on the weight thou? It looks a bit hefty.

TeowneD> They really do look light, and seem to have a decent amount of molle real-estate. Will keep it up there for consideration.

These are great pieces, for a price-to-utility ratio,i think i can safely cut the Camelbak off the list for the moment. :) I wont place an order till next week or so, so if anyone else have any suggestions, i'm all ears.

LE: Btw i'm a pretty slim guy, i had to totally pull all the 'panels' on the CIRAS as far in as i could pull them them to make it atleast barely-tight on me. Just throwing it out there.

DarkLite> Wow, that's exceptional. Both as price and as molle-real-estate, thou i'll have to route my pockets around the dual-zipper somewhat. It looks really good and it's at the top of my list atm. Do you think you can give me an estimate on the weight thou? It looks a bit hefty.

LE: Btw i'm a pretty slim guy, i had to totally pull all the 'panels' on the CIRAS as far in as i could pull them them to make it atleast barely-tight on me. Just throwing it out there.

They're 1000D Condura, but it is pretty form-fitting, so it's weight is hard to feel when it's adjusted properly.

What waist size are you? Height?

You should really give the Delta5 a second look. the are fantastic Vests, best I ever used (unfortunately doesn't fit me w/o soft armour underneath, I'm not "fat" enough :D). I have the Version in Foliage Green.

The Vest Copy from ebaybanned does have the Camelback reservoir, but it is cut a lot smaller (actually fits me), and the quality is so-so.

I can provide photos of both if you want.

Otherwise, I can recommend the Tasmanian Tiger Vest Base. It's verywell constructed, has shoulder pads, MTS+ System (works 100% with MOLLE) all over and comes in OD, Tan and black. I have the OD Version (As you can see, i'm an assault vest guy ;)), so I can provide some photos too if you want.

Cheers!

Edit: Found an old Picture of me wearing the D5.

Summer.jpg

I already have a thermal camelback molle-mounted hydration carrier and reservoir/set so technicaly killing just one bird. ;p

Anyhows, i have a few options up, most that came from this thread, and i'll make a decision after crunching the numbers, rechecking my account balance, and playing with molle setups on different vests in a grid in Photoshop ;p

Archived