Drop Leg P226 Holster

Talonclaw117

I guess there are plenty of options. The only thing you should consider. Quality has its price and low priced holsters might work good but have some issues with proper fit, stiffness and most important of all: with some cheap models you can loose magazines easily.

Holster models within this price range that work out fine with those issues should be a good pick for the money.

Do I get it right that you want a molle chest rig for your British military outfit just like those buddies here? You see black is authentic, and it is the standard black one, low cut for the belt, not the high backsided one that comes with leg rig. No need for OD. And if you want that system, Serpa or Serpa copy might be best choice, also in terms of usability and safety (as I addressed with accidently loosing mags with cheap holsters):

sas-group.jpg

sas-task-force-black.jpg

Source: eliteukforces.info

You can get you a standard Blackhawk clone like this for $23 or even orginal Blackhawk Serpa as sportster edition (only comes with paddle instead of paddle plus belt loop and is slightly grey) selling around $20-29 plus the new Blackhawk Molle claw for around $14. With a little luck you get a good deal and you'll get the setup under 40 Pounds (as pound anyway rates much higher to US Dollars).

Molle claw (modern variant and a bit more stable I guess) or the older cordura version that those guys on the pictures use:

BLK.102-2T.jpg

Original Serpa Sporster

http://www.botachtactical.com/blspseho.html

here standard black Serpa compared to Sporster edition

http://www.botachtactical.com/blspseho.html

You can use OD or Tan if you wish to or prefer the integrated look. I just posted these to point out that you can be authentic with black version, too. That gives you more choice in picking your holster variant. I think this Blackhawk system is a good choice, eighter original or china clone.

Can you post a picture of your holster mounted when you're ready and setup? Would be interesting to see the placement. The guys on the picture also carry in slightly different ankles and positions. I like this molle chest concept.

if it helps, i wear brit dpm, and the smock is fine with my serpa dropleg, even with full pockets. I got a full sepra dropleg platform, with belt and paddle attachments for £30 posted on these forums, so if you're not in a hurry, genuine ones do pop up from time to time :)

Archived