What's the longest 'KSC' type pistol barrel.

greg

Hello, I have a KSC MP7 & want to replace the barrel with a slightly longer one, preferably tight bore.

The current 'stock' one is about 160mm, I'd like to take this to 200mm.

As yet, I have not seen any aftermarket barrels for this. It's the usual KSC hop, so would accept any ksc hopped, pistol type barrel.

I wondered if any one knew of an 'extended' barrel for an extra long ksc based pistol (or something) that would do the job?

I don't mind if it's too long as I'm happy to chop it back. The longest I've found so far is for the KSC M93R-auto9. This is alegedly 178mm & looks like it should fit but as I have no experience with this gun...................... :(

Greg.

Well, I don't know about the M93r barrel, since I only own M9 and M9A1 KSC pistols, but the KSC USP Match barrel (it's a long-un'), which I measured using the internationally acclaimed "I'm-too-lazy-to-care-about-accuracy" method, gave me the precise measurement of 150mm, give or take a few... plus/minus... etc.

That's what I would call a back-up plan right there.

Well, I don't know about the M93r barrel, since I only own M9 and M9A1 KSC pistols, but the KSC USP Match barrel (it's a long-un'), which I measured using the internationally acclaimed "I'm-too-lazy-to-care-about-accuracy" method, gave me the precise measurement of 150mm, give or take a few... plus/minus... etc.

That's what I would call a back-up plan right there.

So, let me get this right?

I'm asking for barrels over 160mm & you reckon a good backup plan is one around 10mm shorter? :rofl:

Be honest: Are you a bit drunk? :huh:

Or deliberately pulling my leg? :D

Greg.

The M93r has a 128mm barrel.

The longest KSC barrel i can remember is the Auto ( though i'm pretty sure there is no system7 one released yet (that's if there is a difference in the hop/barrle design at all) at 190 mm

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I cant see any difference in barrel/hop rubber interface design, between syst7/non syst7, as such, so this is a tricky one.

I think the difference is in the feed system, ie, mags & feed nozzles.

Can any one give a definitive answer? Perhaps that's another thread?

Greg.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I cant see any difference in barrel/hop rubber interface design, between syst7/non syst7, as such, so this is a tricky one.

Greg.

Have you tried Amateurstuntman (Andrew)? He has made custom super long TMP barrels for a few people, and I'd imagine since they use standard KSC barrels it would be the same for an MP7. From memory he just gets an AEG barrel of your choice and cut's off the hop end and re-profiles it for KSC type Hop.

Give him a shout and ask him, he may say no as I know he got rid of some of his tooling a while back, but it's an idea :) If you can't get hold of him, let me know and I'll ask as he's coming skirmishing with me this saturday at the Mall :)

Try with Dee's customs or Shreder/EdGi.

KM

Thankyou:

No joy with KM although, unlike lalax, they do still supply auto9's.

I was trying to avoid a one off custom. The truth is, if I chose that rout, I'll machine one myself from a piece of madbull.

Greg.

Have you tried Amateurstuntman (Andrew)? He has made custom super long TMP barrels for a few people, and I'd imagine since they use standard KSC barrels it would be the same for an MP7. From memory he just gets an AEG barrel of your choice and cut's off the hop end and re-profiles it for KSC type Hop.

Give him a shout and ask him, he may say no as I know he got rid of some of his tooling a while back, but it's an idea :) If you can't get hold of him, let me know and I'll ask as he's coming skirmishing with me this saturday at the Mall :)

Ah, at last. I see light at the end of the tunnel! :D

I'm also at the Mall this sat, Banpots right?

I'm not incapable of making one up myself but was trying to avoid this, opting for the more professional rout.

I'll pm him, something useful may come of this.

Thankyou.

Greg.

Ah, at last. I see light at the end of the tunnel! :D

I'm also at the Mall this sat, Banpots right?

I'm not incapable of making one up myself but was trying to avoid this, opting for the more professional rout.

I'll pm him, something useful may come of this.

Thankyou.

Greg.

Yeah Bampots :)

No worries, come find us and you can chat to him about it, I'll be the one with black kit and a GBB MP5K PDW, not sure what kit he'll have, but he's usually fairly easy to spot :)

James

Greg.

From the looks of it they appear to be the same type. i cant comment for sure as the only MP7 I 've had for more than 5 minures was gone the next day. However the MAC 11 pre System 7 and System7 appear to be the same.

however without the GBB and bit's on the table in from of me I wont commit to a difinitive answer! if you can get hold of an old KSC barrel and fit it though (ie to test it feeds fires and the hop works!) that would give you your answer.

Yeah Bampots :)

No worries, come find us and you can chat to him about it, I'll be the one with black kit and a GBB MP5K PDW, not sure what kit he'll have, but he's usually fairly easy to spot :)

James

Many thanks, I look forward to seeing ya. I'm the old guy (have to say that, as most softers are under 25 :D ) in the tac-tiger & black vest, with the MP7. ;)

Greg.

Greg if you want i can pm you their numbers ( James and Andrew)

I am in the same boat as i want an mp7 inner barrel thats longer and a TM one thats longer

Probably best you check with them first.

If you are looking for a longer Marui MP7 aep barrel, lalax do a 215mm, which is a bit longer than stock (187mm off the top of my head). I have one in one of mine. It's ok, not a massive improvement over the original. Which is already very good. The main problem with the Marui is power, or lack of. For the Marui (being electric), length of barrel doesn't make any improvement to this, so range etc. aren't effected.

The KSC, will probably see an uplift in power, with a longer barrel. As is the way with gas. Well, that's my hope. ;)

Greg.

1, KSC is ordered, thats why i sold my mp5k to buy an mp7

2, and i need a TM one for a glock sorry not the AEP version

1, I hope you got the Tiwan version, not the Jap. ;) Check out the KSC MP7 review thread for details. If you need any help let me know.

2, Answered in the Wild7 area.

Greg.

Archived