Helikon Gear

Dickens

Ive been looking into buying a soft shell jacket for a few weeks now and i came accross a company called Helikon

www.helikon-tex.com

Im looking into buying one of there APCU Level 5 Soft Shell Jackets like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOFT-SHELL-JACKET-M-HE...908199002r34925

I just want to know if any one has had experience with Helikon gear? Even better do you have one of there soft shell jackets and if so what do you think?

Any input would be appreciated :)

Cheers

It's a Polish company. The BDU's TCU's, SFU's and whatever they call'em are quite good, which is a surprise, since many replica companies manage to f.. up a cotton bdu. :P

The softshell's, well, you get what you pay for. Better than the ebaybanned ones from what I saw on friends, but it ain't a real PCU. They are a bit delicate, easy to rip if you use it as the last layer and play rough.

But they do a lot of colors/camos, and lots of other gear, which is nice.

Thanks for the info Filip. TBH aslong as they are better than the ebaybanned ones then im happy. I was looking at the ebanned ones but i would rather pay a little extra and get one thats better. And the fact that its not a real PCU doesnt really bother me either.

Any one else used these soft shells?

Cheers

Picked up one of these form SOF in the UK for £49.99. Wore it this weekend, perfect really nice, got a good test with the rain at Catterick etc.

As for the HK versions....it is the same jacket, one of my team mates got the green one from EB and it is exactly the same. Material, label, finish etc

Perormace is as good as genuine PCUs ( I had a PCU L5) and at a fraction of the price. I have owned both

If buying form SOF in the UK it is bit more, they had loads in stock and you have your usual UK warranty should you not be happy with it.

kevin

Picked up one of these form SOF in the UK for £49.99. Wore it this weekend, perfect really nice, got a good test with the rain at Catterick etc.

As for the HK versions....it is the same jacket, one of my team mates got the green one from EB and it is exactly the same. Material, label, finish etc

Perormace is as good as genuine PCUs ( I had a PCU L5) and at a fraction of the price. I have owned both

If buying form SOF in the UK it is bit more, they had loads in stock and you have your usual UK warranty should you not be happy with it.

kevin

Cheers Kevin :) I spotted them at SOF last night. Ill deffinatly be buying one now, for £50 id rather pay the extra £15 over the ebanned one because i can send it back if it dont fit and like you say i have a warranty :) Thanks for your 'mini' review Kev :)

In regards to softshells, which seem to be pretty popular as of late, I have this one;

http://www.armyclothing.net/shop/index.php...;products_id=38

in grey, its not tacticool by any means but its cheap, and its pretty decent, having said that I've only skirmished with it once, but I was doing plently of crawly stuff and it held up well. Tbh I quite like it cause I can wear it around the place and not have to worry about having velcro all over the *fruitcage* thing.

Anyway, its cheaper then the ebb stuff, its worth a look, shame it doesn't come in OD really.

Well i got mine today from SOF and im very impressed. If any body buys one, dont go expecting a 'full winter weather jacket' haha It does what it says on the tin. Its perfect for if it starts raining, you can just throw it on over a fleece. And to be honest the quality is top notch, wouldnt want to compare it to a EB one. Deffinatly reccomended if you dont want to throw a lot of money at a soft shell.

Archived