Element replica Magpul BAD lever

Allright, I hopped off a plane from Hethrow yesterday then woke up 3:00 AM this morning dieing from the anticipation to go to "gun street". I finally got a BAD lever, at a price of 10 quid!! I bought it from a local store so it should be available online soon. This is my first review so please forgive any unclear parts.

Externals:

So here it is out of the package:

CIMG3007.jpg

Here's what included in the package:

CIMG3011.jpg

The BAD lever has no marking and it has very shallow "grip grooves". I won't call them checkering.

It comes with a Philips screw unlike the real steel with a hex screw. Be careful while installing it, it's very soft and easy to strip.

If you're installing it on a GBB you may want to dab a bit of blue loctite on the screw to prevent it loosening itself.

Installation:

It's very easy to install, put the small rear plate behind the bolt catch, "ping pong paddle". Then put the main part of the BAD lever in front of it and align the screw hole then install the screw. I recommend a dry installation then put loc tite on. It may be very loose like mine was on my WE M4.

There was front to rear and side to side play. I wrapped a bit of hockey tape/ electricity tape around the bolt catch. Cut the excess off the top then installed the BAD lever. This made thing really sturdy. I used about 8-10cm of tape.

It should look like this:

CIMG3012.jpg

Then install the BAD lever. It should look like this:

CIMG3013-1.jpg

This is what it looks like with when the gun is put together:

CIMG3014.jpg

There is one major flaw Element made. The replica bad lever is significantly longer than the real steel one. But it doesn't really pose as a problem. It's minor.

And you may be able to see that the finish is not too great, it's kind of gray instead of black. But i guess you can spray it or something. I think it's a good replacement for the Real steel one if it isn't available at where you live. E.g. Hong Kong.

Hope this helps. I may well do the star replica KAC hand stop next if it arrives in the store soon enough, and if i have enough cash of course. :D

The replica looks like a casting which, if it is, surprises me that they got the length wrong. The coloring is off but like you said, is easily remedied with some flat black spray paint.

One thing I have noticed with my RS B.A.D.s is that they're generally not compatible with any of my airsoft guns. Real bolt releases have a decent amount of movement when going from locked to unlocked positions. Most airsoft guns don't have the same amount. This means that on most airsoft guns the best you can do is have the BAD mounted but the bolt release not movable. This is especially frustrating on GBBRs that need to have functional bolt releases and forces you to file the heck out of the bolt release paddle. The BAD did fit my VFC SR16 but VFC thickened the bolt release when they made the VFC SR15's.

Was messing around with my WE M4 today and i realized the bolt didn't lock when the mag was empty. Then i took off the bad lever then found out that the bolt lock worked again.

So the BAD lever may be too heavy for the WE bolt stop system. Disappointing.... There's nothing i can do about it. By the way it's steel, it does stick to a magnet.

Was messing around with my WE M4 today and i realized the bolt didn't lock when the mag was empty. Then i took off the bad lever then found out that the bolt lock worked again.

So the BAD lever may be too heavy for the WE bolt stop system. Disappointing.... There's nothing i can do about it. By the way it's steel, it does stick to a magnet.

That's a burn.

When will companies realize that you need something super light such as aluminum or heck even a polymer since magpul is pure plastic nowadays.

Or when will they put super stiff springs in magazines so that they actually work????????

-Luis

When will companies realize that you need something super light such as aluminum or heck even a polymer since magpul is pure plastic nowadays.

I believe my RS B.A.D.s are aluminum. If the ACM BAD is steel, it doesn't surprise me in the least that they're causing malfunctions in weapon operation. That was a common problem with the custom ones people were making before the BAD came out. Either the metal used was too heavy or the design wasn't conducive to reliable weapon function.

There's another WE user who says the RS BAD actually helped his M4 to lock back on an empty mag (the added weight looks like it's helping the mag spring fight the bolt release spring). I suspect that it's not so much weighing it down but pulling it at an angle. If there is any fore-aft wobble try putting an AEG shim on the bolt release pin; it makes a big difference.

But between the incorrect length, bad finish, poor fit, and wrong material I guess I have to get a real B.A.D. lever.

RS BAD are labeled on the packaging as Al 6061-T6 with type 3 hard anodized coating. It functions fully on my WOC M4 but not without significant material removal on the bolt release paddle.

I wont be surprised if it is just monkey metal , let alone 6061 or even the higher spec 6061 T6.