Jumping into the GBB Rifle Bandwagon

lambolurker

...Again I am in a unique situation, I engage around 230ft if not farther, and I have a full auto only weapon that shoots about about 23rps (unintentional, wish it was lower or I had semi), I can go through ammo very fast if I am not sparing with my trigger time. I'm new to my area and not on a team so I have to play the solo game as I find people are not very helpful to those not directly on their "team", I don't like to reload in the field so when I'm out of ammo, I'm out of the game. Therefore, carrying higher capacity mags just makes more sense for me.

Yeah I know the feeling. Carrying extra rounds and going solo are things most experienced airsofters do after a while. I used to turn up to games with 6 hicaps because I know I can't rely on anyone else but myself. But because noobs look up to the guys who waste more people than others, it sets a bad precidence as they learn not to work with others.

Its a double edge sword. If you carry hicaps you feel better about being in control of the outcome of your situation. If you carry less, you set an example but less in control of the situation, and you are never sure if the other players even understand the sacrifice you made for them.

I guess thats why I see games where it focuses on teaching/learning/critique of the dynamics of the team and the decision making processes, is so much more satifying as everyone gets to determine better control of their situation. But its not a game for everyone.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't agree more with frogfish and 3vi1-D4n; I'm an infequent player at best and although I recognise a lot of the local faces they often change by the time I get to play again. This often means I need to forge new bridges everytime I play and although this can be one of the strengths of airsoft there are days where you just want to turn up and play.

I digress, I'll put the violin away.

I can see the attraction of GBBr's but for an infrequent player my kit might not be used for 9 months at a time. Having had a go with an M4 at my local site I can't deny they're a bit of fun, perhaps an AEG blowback with locaps would be a happy compromise? I'll get my coat...

Archived