WG 7 Series CO2 Revolver - 6" barrel

gijohn2

Im looking at geting the above gun for no reason what so ever apart from it looks awesome!

i found it on airsoftworld http://www.airsoftworld.net/front-page-pro...r-6-barrel.html

Just post your views on it etc then i will make my mind up :)

thanks.

Cordally ^.^ (Just to ###### some of you off with jesse's retardednes)

john

I had one, sold it by now. It's a nice plinker but barely usable for skirmished for the following reasons:

- Only 6 bb's ( one in each shell ) Realism, yes. Playable, barely.

- No hopup, so the heavier BB the better. Some wont like that. Not usable in woodland.

- Rediculous FPS ( 430+ ) because of CO2 usage. Not usable in CQB.

- Some care: the barrel is constructed from 2 halves, and you'll see the split in the front quite well.

Remarks:

- FPS is tunable by cutting / replacing the spring. But try and find the best length, you'll be busy all day.

- Accuracy wise I was able to hit a A3 sheet of paper ( size of a laid open magazine ) from about 15 meter away with .27. Groupings were quite bad.

If you want shells and realistic operation then trump for the new SAA or M629 by Marushin.

Has 6 shells with a 6mm in each and loads like the real thing.

I am assuming you want this for looks etc. so this would be the best option.

'FireKnife'

It's remarkably difficult to find info on what revolvers are full metal and which are not. If this is a priority for you (And I can't imagine why it wouldn't be) Then the WG are (to my knowledge) the only full metal revolvers that won't cost you a small fortune. The way I see it, nobody gets a revolver for skirmishability. If that was the priority, there are plenty of great GBBs and NBB mag-fed pistols that are far more practical. The reason to get a revolver is for the feel and aesthetic. In that case, The WG is quite good, since the metal construction feels good, and the shells are fantastic. Spare shells can get costly if you're looking for a ton of them, but loading the brass shells into the cylinder is one of the best parts of using these revolvers, and should not be forsaken for the sake of practicality.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to go for something practical, go practical. If you're going to go for something that's aesthetic, go aesthetic. If you try to get something aesthetic and practical, you're going to end up with something that doesn't excel in either category, and you're going to be disappointed.

Note: We're talking about revolvers here. There are plenty of semi-automatic magazine-fed pistols that fulfill both, but when it comes to revolvers, sacrifices must be made due to the nature of the design.

The M629 looks Teh sex but where can i get this within the UK? and how much does it cost?

It cost me £95 shipped from redwolfairsoft including customs charges, if you're lucky you could get it for £70, if it doesn't get charged.

I'm going to write a review for it (I've been putting it off, I know...) keep an eye out in the review section for that, but I've put a fair bit of info in this thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=181257

I have the Dan Wesson 8" version that's up on landwarrior, and it is my favourite gun. I often skirmish with it alone, leaving the rifle behind for a stupidly fast getup. Yes, you only get six shots before you have to reload them, but six shots is more than enough to kill anything that moves.

And reloading these things under fire is the most amazingly tense, exciting and harrowing thing ever.

I've no idea of the FPS, but I use 0.36s in it and can consistently get people from out of AEG range, with excellent accuracy.

So to refute the above argument, these are amazing guns. I am however concerned that the giant barrel on mine is held on by a couple of pins, one of which has already been replaced, and I might have to replace them both again soon as it's starting to wobble.

But for a gun that draws looks of admiration in the safe zone and sends people scurrying in game when you put your hand to your holster, you can't beat it.

Archived